Chapter 8: Talk

P.O.V. [Name]

I sighed as I looked at the female in front of me. We were about to head to the beach and try and get the ore again. However at the moment my mind was elsewhere at the moment. I had always imagined that when I had a kid I'd already have so much more than this. A wife, a house, my own forging business, yet here I am.

I'm in a cave, with bandages around me, just finding out that I have a daughter that's seventeen, and that she had been raised by someone else that I used to hate. I can't even call myself her father at this point. 

"Let's go," Raven said bringing me back from my slight daze. 

"R-right," I said as I stood up and began to follow her. As we walked I looked at her and heard a hiss from behind me, clearly belonging to Lilac. (If there's something on your mind, then just ask her.) I sighed hearing this and nodded as I looked at the female in front of me. 

"Raven there's something I'd like to ask you," I said as I walked up next to the female. When I asked this she looked at me and I took a breath. "Did you ever . . . you know . . . move on?" I asked as I looked at the female in front of me. She sent me a slight glare when I asked this and I tensed up slightly. 

She then sighed and looked forward. "I tried, but . . . I was never able to," She said as she looked at me. I smiled hearing this and she turned to look at me. "What about you? Were you ever able to move on?" Raven asked as she looked at me. I was a bit embarrassed hearing this and shook my head. 

"No, anytime I was with someone else I would always think back to you and . . . it just ended up being more pain than what it was worth," I said as I looked at her. She smiled slightly hearing this and we continued to walk until we reached the same beach as before. As we did we both began to change and my wounds began to burn slightly as I looked at the water. 

It may have just been my imagination but the pain definitely felt real. When I was finished I looked towards Raven and saw her stretching. She must want to make sure that she was ready for whatever was to come this time. I smiled seeing her and sat on the beach. It wasn't long before my former thoughts once again began to plague my mind. 

As they did I slowly began to look up at the sky. Why did things have to turn out this way? Why couldn't it have been any other outcome? I would have loved to have helped Raven raise our daughter. But instead, Yang's almost an adult now and she doesn't know that Tai isn't her real father and from what Raven's told me she's only met her twice and neither of them were pleasant experiences. 

I sighed as I stared blankly at the sky we were about to try and obtain the same ore from before. However I found that my mind was a bit preoccupied at the moment. I then heard a hiss from behind me. (Something wrong) "I don't know," I said as I looked at the sky. I then averted my eyes to the female in front of me. She was stretching getting ready for our second attempt.

I then stood up and began to walk towards her. "Hey," she said as I stopped behind her. "Are you ready?" She asked as she turned to me. I was silent hearing this and she looked at me a bit concerned. "Is something wrong?" She asked as she looked at me.

"No, or . . . Maybe," I said as I looked at her causing her to gain a confused expression. "Are you sure you want to do this? I mean . . . I don't want you to get hurt," I said as I looked down. She sighed hearing this and looked at me.

"You know I hate people who sulk. Not only that but if memory serves me correct, then you were the one that got hurt last time. Are you sure you're not just getting cold feet?" Raven said as she looked at me. I chuckled slightly hearing this and shook my head.

"No, it's just I might get hurt again, and I don't want you feeling like crap because I got hurt," I said as I looked at Raven. She sighed hearing this and shook her head. She then reached up and placed her hand on my cheek.

"I've already lost you once," she said as she slowly turned my head to look at her. "Do you really think I'd be stupid enough to let something like that happen again?" She asked as she slowly leaned forward to kiss me. The kiss didn't last very long only about a second but I could feel the amount of love and concern behind it. I smiled slightly hearing this and she did as well.

"Alright," I said as we turned towards the ocean. "Let's give this another shot," I said with a smile.