2: Sinister Exchanges In Alleyways Are Overrated

Gintoki stood on a frozen balcony in a tower of ice with a grin on his face.

'I can let it all out here! This is amazing! I don't need to wear my clothes right or stick my hair down here! I don't think I even need to wear clothes at all here!'

But then, Gintoki frowned.

'I don't know what I'm doing now though. Those two brats can't run a kingdom. Oh, but going back would mean having to hold this shitty blizzard with me again, and I don't really think that would end well... Agh, what to do?'

The man walked back inside the tower and lied down on a bed of snow in the corner to think. Should he go back? But wouldn't that mean a meeting with the officers or something? Possible de-crowning? That's a thing, right? Or, even worse...

Gintoki's features grew even more dim.

What if Kagura and Shinpachi start hating him for hiding all of this?

"Kagura-chan, a sh-sh-shop!"

Shinpachi and Kagura had honestly forgotten they were still wearing summer formal garments when they had left for a snowy mountain, so they had been shivering with fidgety teeth the whole way to this shop they've found.

A possible place for warmer wear and food.

"Fire!" Kagura shouted before tackling the glasses before jumping up while he tumbled into a stream of water, "Thank Booty!"

"It's Bu-Bu-B-Buddha, you jerk!" Shinpachi said, shivering even more. He sneezed, "Ack, we should really go inside before we get even mo-more sick."

But right when they both got to the step near the entrance, Shinpachi stopped.

"Hm? What's wrong, glasses?" Kagura asked, already at the door, "Did your teeth freeze off or something?"

"No," he glanced up at her, sweatdropping, "My hakama is frozen though."

"Jeez, Shinpachi, be more responsible with your clothes," Kagura carried him up the small step.

"It's yo-your fault for push-shing me into the water an-anyways!" Shinpachi tried speaking inbetween teeth chatters.

"Whatever. The sign also says this place's got a sauna. Maybe it could melt you and your clothes in there, aru," the China girl stepped through the door, "Customers in!"

"Customers are actually here? In this weather?" A man(?) dressed in drag shook his (her?) head, "Well, help yourselves then. The sauna is 40% off today because of the weather."

"Um, do-do you have any winter clo-clothes?"

"That would be in the winter department."

Shinpachi and Kagura picked out thicker clothes before Kagura remembered what they were here for.

"By the way, old geezer, have you seen an idiot with a silver perm 'round here, aru?" She asked, "We're sorta lookin' for him."

The cashier didn't miss a beat to shake their head.

"The only weird crazies that have come around here are you two."

The door whooshed open to reveal a snow and frost covered man at its entrance.

"Make that three then."

"Carrots..." the man groaned out to the cashier, "and... mayonnaise..."

The cashier nodded like this was a regular occurence and got said items in front of the man.

"That will be 1500 please," they said.