Part 11

Everyone was now asleep. And Jamal came out of the room to get water. When he saw his dad still watching T.V It was already 4am what was he doing up?

Jamal: Dad, shouldn't you be asleep?

Dad: Im fine... Come here

Jamal sat on the couch next to his dad.

Jamal: What?

Dad: What did you do to the girl?

Jamal: Riley?

Dad: yea

Jamal: I was trying to be nice and let her come down to eat... But she lost her patience with me.

Dad: Before that?

Jamal: Why?

Dad: She lives here until her dad gets back. Which could be months. I don't want her to feel like she's in prison because she doesn't feel comfortable with the people here.

Jamal nodded. He got what he meant. But fixing their friendship won't be easy. He knows Riley, and Riley doesn't give in just like that. She's the type to hold grudges.

Dad: So?

Jamal told him everything. And his dad stood up.

Dad: You harrassed the girl!?

Jamal: No I did not!

Dad: You said "I may have hit her?" That makes me think my son is an abuser!

Jamal: I am not!

Dad: Just go back to sleep... Your bringing Riley with you to school and back.

Jamal: Eh No!

Dad: Jamal!

Jamal: Dad! I can't have a girl in the car with my girlfriend! Thats just stupid in many ways!

Dad: Language infront of me!

Jamal: Sorry dad but No.

Dad: Your taking her whether you like it or not. Now go sleep.

Jamal: Ok....

The Next Morning:

Mom: Riley dear, come and eat breakfast....

Riley: it's really fine....

Mom: Your mom wouldn't like what your doing to yourself...

Riley: Ms.Telento, I assure you I am fine. I'm not hungry

Mom: But you didn't eat Dinner yesterday?

Riley: Its just 2 meals I promise to eat lunch.

Jamal: Stop doing that and just eat!

Mom: Don't force her!

Jamal put his hands up in defeat.

Mom: Ok, now go both of you, Or you'll be late.

Jamal and Riley went out the door and into the car. The whole way there, Riley was staring out the window with headphones on in the backseat. Trying to mind her own business while Caylee and Jamal we're doing who knows what in the front. When they got there.

Jamal: Ril.....(ey)

Jamal was calling Riley. But Riley just left the car into the school.

Caylee: Don't mind her....

Jamal looked at Caylee and nodded. But he wanted to mind her. Was what he did yesterday to harsh. Was she tired? Was she depressed? Is she ok? They both left the car too. And Caylee clinged onto Jamal's arm.