Episode 1

She's here.

Jade's eyes continue to blank before the woman in front of her. She's not imagining it this time, though there were moments when it felt like this was one of the thousand wishful thinking thoughts she had before.

This time she knew it was real because her memories could never produce an authentic grip of her chest. That fleeting moment when you suddenly struggle to breathe, your eyes widen and you are suddenly processing pieces of information to confirm that she's in front of you. It's like time traveling to the first you met her.

Jade walks down the aisle as one of the bride's maids. Her brother's wedding though highly celebrated was nothing but interesting for her. She knew that it was nothing more than a business contract between two families. Something she knew she would also eventually do being the only daughter of the Tanchingco clan. She casually smiles around when her eyes finally caught hers.

Her.

Althea

From the flicker of her cat-like eyes, the slight crinkle of her nose, and her ever lovely smile. It was a smile you swore you've never seen before but it makes your heart flutter. It gives you warmth embraced by a strange yet somehow familiar feeling. You describe that feeling to your best friend. She jokes that it was love at first sight. You laugh at the absurdity and yet when you look around once more, the wedding bells, the lights, the songs, even the two white doves flying they all suddenly make sense.

"Ms. Tanchingco?" the assistant confirms once more "Do need anything else?"

Jade clears her throat before offering a seat to her guest. She takes a better look at the woman in front of her. She looks different but still beautiful, perhaps even more beautiful now. Her hair's coloured to an ash brown. Her cat-like eyes still striking but her always lovely smile is missing replaced with a crepe coloured pout.

She looks different. You say to yourself once more.

"No" Jade replies at her assistant without breaking her gaze to her guest

"I have everything I need"

Althea clears her throat and finally gives her a smile after the door closes.

"You look good" Althea speaks instead of a greet. She slowly walks towards the seat opposite the office table ignoring the couch which Jade offered.

"You too. Maganda ka pa rin"

She doesn't reply and Jade suddenly feels the need to fill in the awkwardness

"Di mo sinabi na darating ka pinasundo na sana kita"

"It's fine. You don't have to. I know you're busy anyway" Althea moves her sight to the enormous title plate on the table.

CEO: Jade Tanchingco

"correction. Very busy. Congrats. CEO ka na pala"

"Akalain mo. Dati taga photocopy lang ako ng documents" Jade chuckles nervously

"I thought Gabriel was supposed to be next-in-line?"

"He is. Ayi is on sabbatical with Pearl since last year. He didn't want anybody else to cover for him so he allowed me to be in charge while they're away. I'm his acting CEO"

"Wow. edi okay"

There's awkwardness in the air.

"So uh, how long will you stay? Maybe we can catch up? Or just dinner? Is Batchi?alam ba niya dumating ka na?"

Althea simply shakes her head. "I won't be staying long Jade"

It's her. And yet everything you once imagined her to be is missing. Everything familiar about her is replaced by something strange.