Episode 15

Althea's naked skin is warm to Jade's. Her breathing is calm except for the occasional jolt reflex her body does, as if reminding herself that her love is near.

Jade opens her eyes when she felt her Love's hand suddenly tighten on hers.

"Love? Are you awake" She whispers

She doesn't hear a reply and buries her head behind her neck instead.

She recalls the events that transpired. She couldn't help but feel butterflies with her Love's gestures and in their engagement, no less.

"Thank you for the surprise harana. I know napagod ka this past days...." she begins talking despite knowing that Althea was still deep in her sleep

"Rei said and dami mo daw iniisip and I agree. I just, I just wished you would be more open to me about things now. We were making progress the past months and then my family came back in the picture..." Jade states it with some form of regret.

"And now you've stepped into my world again. With my dada and all his threats....

I'm worried, Love

I want you in my life so bad, but I've never thought about how your life could have been if I didn't love you. Kung may ibang makakabuti para sayo..."

Althea unconsciously jerks again pulling Jade's hand closer to her chest. Jade considers something before settling behind her"

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry for being selfishly in love with you"

**********

Señor Alfonso sits alone in the privacy of his chapel. The room looks bright with all the sunlight reflecting behind the large crucifix in front of him as he quietly contemplates and prays with his rosary.

"Señor, can i join you?" Jade inquires from behind

"Of course hija, come" the old man smiles

Jade takes the chair beside him

"I didn't know there was a chapel in this house"

"Well I'm the only one using it so might as well just call it my room" he laughs

"Hindi po ba Catholic si Bree?" She asks

The old man's face tightens. "She doesn't believe in anything"

"Oh."

"But I'm not forcing anyone to this. Kinalakihan ko na kasi eto. My father was catholic, so was his dad and you know how it is. It's part of me. A part of my tradition"

Jade simply nods

"Speaking of traditions. May gusto sana ako I-alok sa inyo. I know you and Althea are very modern but I think a little tradition would also fit you since Althea has become my name bearer"

"Tradition?"

"How about taking the Salvatrice name after the wedding? Mrs. Jade Salvatrice has a nice sound to it don't you think?"

"Po?" Jade gets surprised by the sudden information

"Hindi po nabanggit ni Althea sa kin eto. I thought Althea joining your family name was just for the baby's sake. I didn't realise I had to take it too"

The old man deflates. His disappointment clearly showing with the way he rubs the beads of his rosary. Jade notices it and tries again.

"I'll speak to her about it. I mean I like your name señor, but I still feel pride with my last name. Maybe we could do a hyphen instead? Mejo mahaba nga lang ang Salvatrice-Tanchingco" Jade tries