8

Dan's POV

I began to get into the taxi before I remembered I don't know Ingrid's address I don't want to alarm Phil but I quickly text him asking for her address, quickly he responded but with no question as to why.

I repeated the text to the taxi driver, I also include that was an emergency!, quickly he started to drive to Ingrid's apartment building.

*little time skip*

I began to run up the stairs and suddenly a thought pops into my head as I'm approaching her apartment the door. I pushed on the door and to my surprise, it opened.

"Ingrid," I said loudly as I closed the door behind me and locked it with the keys that were left on the floor. I heared sobs coming from what I believed to be the kitchen since none of the lights were on. Quickly I started to run towards the sobs and once I reached them I turned on the light and saw a pile of blood around Ingrid.

I knelt down to sit next to Ingrid, I removed her hand from the cut to look at what had happened I didn't dare ask though, I proceeded to put her hand back over it to get a bandage. As I began to wrap up the wound I heared Ingrid muffle something but I couldn't make it out.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked in a sweet tone of voice trying not to alarm her in anyway.

"I said I'm sorry," she said in-between snuffles. My heart felt like was breaking as she sat there crying.

"Sorry? about what?"

"Everything, I never meant for this to happen"

"I understand, these are a difficult times" I said as I sat on the floor with her and my arm wrapped around her. We sat there for a few minutes in silence taking in every moment of this peacefulness, Ingrid began to calm I dared to ask what happened.

"Ingrid," I said while looking at the floor and noticed that there was still blood on the floor and her hand.

"Yeah," she said, I looked at her to see her staring at me, her face was all red from the crying but she was no longer shaking.

I chickened out of asking what happened "do you want to get cleaned up?"

"Oh, I forgot that there was blood everywhere" a faint smile appeared on her face and a little chuckle came from her mouth, I found it fascinating how people can joke in moments like these. We both got up and Ingrid went into what I believed to be her bedroom to probably change and cleaned up, while I stayed in the kitchen to mopped up the blood, its was good thing that it was on tiles since that's a lot easier to clean than carpet.

*little time skip*

When I was done cleaning the floor I walked into the living room and sat on her black sofa, I took a moment to look around the part of her apartment that I could see, she did say that her entire apartment was a black and white theme I also noticed some colourful artwork and books scattered around the place, suddenly I saw Ingrid coming out of her bedroom and closing the door, she must like to keep all her doors closed I thought to myself.

"Your still here," she said kind of surprised at the fact that I stayed after cleaning her kitchen

"I didn't want to leave you alone," I said standing up just in case she wanted me to leave. She gestured for me to sit down, as she approached the sofa I could see her outfit more clearly she was wearing a red collared shirt, skinny black jeans and black Doctor Martins, her hair was brushed and left down, I realized that she had natural soft curls in her hair and it was a dark red colour.

*tiny time skip*

She sat down next to me and my mind told me to ask what happened and so I did

~Amazingphanda