NEVERMORE

Have you ever wondered about seeing a person and then one day he just vanishes from your mind?

When you see someone at a crossroads but don't really remember when you see him again?

What if what you saw was an illusion created by your mind?

Would you accept the fact that you just saw a ghost?

Maybe it was a demon?

Or something more sinister?

This story is not how we wanted it to be... But it just happened... This is our life.

Driving towards home was an irritated young man with black hair and brown eyes who held onto the steering wheel until his knuckles were white, beside him was a shivering lump that was a girl with brown hair and grey wide eyes who was drenched in water. The boy turned the heater into full blast not caring if he was sweating like he was under the sun. He ran his hands through his hair and cursed under his breath. He looked at his sister and his eyes softened. He took her hand squeezing it ever so gently. She smiled at him even though her mouth was trembling. They are gonna pay for doing this to his sister.

"Sola?!? Luna?!? What the hell happened?!?" Their mom Mai Taniyama-Shibuya said as she went near Luna hugging her in a tight embrace. Sola looked at her with a frown set on his face.

"Mai. Don't curse.." Their dad Kazuya "Naru" Shibuya said while going near Luna putting his hand on her forehead.

"It was no one's fault Dad just some ugly water spirit jealous of lil sis here," Sola said while ruffling her little sister's hair. Luna pouted at her brother which she rarely shows.

"Big brother! Stop t-that!" She said while trembling from the cold. It was true though. It really was a water spirit that was in the water fountain of Dulasia High. Tons of spirits gathered there for reasons unknown yet because Sola and Luna were the only ones who could see them, they tried to live with it. They were after all part of the Elite in school. Being branded crazy would tarnish their family's name.

That wasn't going to sit well with both of them.

"Let's get you out of these clothes alright?" Their mom said while ushering Luna to her room. Naru, who still had a stoic face went towards Sola and patted his head.

"Good job big guy.. You did great bringing her here.. Water from a water spirit isn't that easy to dry. Luckily your Aunty Ayako is here.." He said to Sola referring to their red-head Miko Aunt and Sola just smiled.

"I'm just doing my job as her big brother, Dad." He said and Naru nodded and went to Luna's room. Luna was already fast asleep with dry clothes and her black hair was splayed on her pillow. Sola went beside her holding her hand and smiling.

"Naru... About that spirit.." Mom said while going out with their Dad leaving the two of them inside the room. Sola looked at his sister and Luna's eyes jolted open.

"Luna... Are you okay?" Sola said and Luna just looked at him with a stoic expression.

"Nii.. I'm fine.. I can't let this get to me... I'm old enough. We are going to be sixteen in a few days and I know it's going to be harder than before. Mom did tell us that she also acquired her powers when she was sixteen." She said and Sola knew that she was scared even though she kept her expression cold and uncaring.