Chapter six

This time coach put me in the face off. "Sending a girl to do a man's job how pathetic." Stahl scoffed.
I knocked him down onto the ground. The ref kicked me out. I went into the locker room and saw Dean throwing everything. "Hi." He breathed.
"I know how you feel." I nodded.
We ended up losing to Iceland twelve to one. We were in the locker room "Twelve to one. You know what word comes to mind when you think of that? Hmm? Pathetic.! You guys were brought here to play hockey."
"What about you?" Jesse asked.
"What about me,Jesse?" Bombay huffed.
"Coach Stansson knew everything about us. They were ready for us." I yelled.
"And you spend your time driving around in convertibles talking to those sponsor fools." Luis agreed.
"Or hanging with the Iceland lady. We saw you two Saturday night." Fulton stepped up.
"Eating ice cream with the enemy, huh, coach?" Dean asked.
"Hey. Hey, what I do is none of your business. Is that clear? Don't take those pads off. Everyone stay in your gear. We have practice." Bombay ordered.
"Tonight?" Goldberg asked in disbelief.
"This isn't very much fun, Coach." Charlie breathed.
"Who said it was supposed to be fun?" Bombay asked.
"You did, when you coached the Ducks." I answered.
"Well, I don't see any Ducks here, Katherine. All I see is Team U.S.A. one loss away from elimination. Twenty more sprints! Let's go! Line up! Come on, let's go! Line up, Charlie! Come one Kat! Let's go! Keep you here all night if I have to." Bombay ordered.
We were up till three in the morning doing sprints. The next day we were at school. I was fast asleep on Adams shoulder when fell out of my chair. "I'm up!" I yelled.
I sat back in my chair and tried to stay awake. Miss.McKay told us we didn't have to go to practice. We went to the cabins and went to bed. When we decided to get up we went to the football field. "And hold, two, three" Dean said
"Coach isn't here. Why do we have to be?" Julie asked.
"We have a game tonight. We have to work out." Dean replied.
"I say mutiny. Who's with me?" Goldberg raised his hand.
"Goldberg, I'm too tired to mutiny." Averman answered.
"Come on, guys, it's not like we couldn't use the conditioning." I said.
"Speak for yourself, babe." Dean checked me out.
"Her name is Kat, not 'babe.'" Adam stepped up.
"Don't tell me how to talk, rich boy!" Dean yelled.
"Hey, Portman, chill! Hey, you want a piece of this?" Fulton argued.
"Yo, Team U.S.A., what are you gonna do today, a million jumping jacks?" A kid yelled.
"This kid's crazier than me. Forget about him." Dean scoffed.
"Look, Fulton!" Dean yelled.
"Hey, chill! Hey, man, I'm gettin' sick of you!" Jesse yelled to the kid.
"I'm gettin' sick of seeing the U.S.A. represented by a bunch of whining babies." He sneered.
"Too bad you can't back up that mouth." Jesse jabbed.
"Me and my boys can take you anytime, anywhere." The boy insisted.
"I don't see no 'boys.'" Jesse snapped.
"I got 'em waitin'. Grab your gear and let's go play some schoolyard puck. Or maybe you forgot what it's like to play for real pride. Come on, it's not too far, you little wimps. What are you doin'? Get off!. You comin' or not?" He asked.
"Let's go." Jesse demanded.
"My little brother Russ here has been telling me that you have been chokin' big time." The older looking kid said.
"Your brother's got a big mouth." I snapped.
Goldberg, and Averman gave each other and a worried look. "He does, doesn't he?" Russes older brother said. "We thought we'd call you all to see what you got. We know you can talk to the press and sign autographs." he continued.
"We can do more than that." Luis replied.
"Yeah? We can teach you to play like the real Team U.S.A." He insisted.
"What would you know about it?" Dean asked.
They gave each other a smirk. Dean got pushed up against the fence. The older guy had the puck, "Come and get it." He said.
"Don't mind if I do." Luis replied.
Luis came up behind him and snatched the puck out from underneath him. He soaring down the court to the trash bin we were using as a goal, he scored then ran into the fence. I had the puck and I went to shoot but it hit the top the hit some dudes car. "Oops." I said.
"It's okay that happened all the time." Mike said.
"Can you through it back please!" Charlie yelled.
We had leave we said goodbye and got on the bus to our game.