1: Ugliness of 10

*my mood^^*
__

You sighed as you let your hair copy the flow the wind is leading on.

Another day?

Over.

Day after that?

Mystery.

You are currently located in your safe haven. Meaning, the local playground.

You have no idea why, but there is just something about this kids place that drives you in. Is it they way the gentle, yet cool breeze refreshingly hits your face? Is it the way the swing set you sit on creaks? Is it the silence that fills the atmosphere whenever you come? Or is it because you feel an odd, yet safe presence around you?

You would say it's all of it, when it's really only one of the reasons.

You believe it's your parents who are watching you from afar. They were more beautiful than the angels themselves.

They were your role models..

But someone had to take them away from you..

It happened when you were soon to be 10 years old..

__

9 years ago..

"Eomma~" A girl sang out, "can we go to the park tomorrow for my birthday?"

The woman she was talking to chuckled, whilst ruffling her hair. "Of course we can!" She responded happily.

"With Appa?" She questioned with her eyes begging.

The smile the woman was holding died down. "I'm not sure.."

"제발! (Please!)" The girl pouted.

"I'll see what I can do." The lady whispered, barely audible.

What the girl didn't know was that the lady was worried and disgusted about the man she once called 'her husband'.

Time skip..

"여보세요? (Hello?)" The woman said through the small microphone.

"여보.. 보고싶다.. (Honey.. I miss you..)" The man on the other line replied.

"하지마! (Stop it!)" The woman yelled, "stop giving me the same shit."

"미안해.. (I'm sorry..)"

"Whatever." She responded coldly, "tomorrow is Y/n's birthday, be here before 4 in the afternoon. Then we'll go to the park."

"진짜?! 고마워! (Really?! Thank you!)"

"Don't thank me, thank your daughter." She laughed pathetically.

"She's so sweet~" he cooed.

"Yeah, I'm out. Peace!" She ended the call.

__

The day finally came! The young one's 10th birthday! The girl's dad was finally gonna be here.

The lady received a call.

She was quick to read who and answer it.

"여보세요? (Hello?)"

"아.. 여보.. 어디야? (Ah.. Honey.. Where are you?)" The man on the other line asked.

"Me and Y/n are already at the park, on the benches. Try not to be too suspicious when your coming here." She stated in a warning tone.