Prompt #2

Prompt: I would like to see Jamie and Cor meet each others parents (doesn't have to be at the same time). And if possible I want to see Jamie react emotionally to Cor's parents' neglect.

                A.N.- This was a prompt I wrote a few months ago but never posted because I didn't like the way it turned out. But I recently got a similar prompt request, so I decided to give in and post this anyways. Sorry if it's not that good!

--------------------------------

                "Hey, Cor!" Jamison ran up to me. "My parents are really dying to meet you. Let us all help you move your stuff out."

                "I don't need help," I said. I'd let Jamison drag me to the graduation after party, but only after he agreed not to make me meet his parents during it. It was too loud and crowded.

                "You can't avoid meeting them forever. You agreed to go out to eat with us," he reminded.

                "Then I'll meet you at the restaurant," I said. I'd rather meet them someplace a little quieter, where I could pay attention to their tones and body language.

                "Fine. You're so difficult. At least let me help you move your stuff to your car," he said.

                I thought it over. I didn't actually need the help, but he seemed eager to give it, so I nodded.

                Jamison texted his parents before following me back to the dorm. He helped me move my few possessions out to my car, and the two of us stood in the parking lot together. I'd already said goodbye to the Crows and Aria before leaving the party.

                "I'll text you the restaurant and the time. Try not to be late." He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before heading back for the party.

                I drove myself back home, taking a little to move my stuff back to my room. My parents weren't home, which was just fine with me.

                I was already dressed in nice shorts and a nice shirt for the ceremony, so I didn't bother changing for the restaurant. I put away some of my stuff, until it was time to leave to go meet Jamison.

                The drive was quick enough, barely giving me time to think about how to react to his parents. If they were anything like Jamison, it might be a little difficult. Jamison's emotions were so unpredictable sometimes.

                I got out of my car, and Jamison waved me over. He stood with a couple and an older man, who all watched me as I approached.

                "Cor, these are my parents, and this is my grandfather," Jamison introduced.

                "It's so nice to finally meet you, Cor. Jamison's told us about you," Mrs. Heitor said, shaking my hand.

                "Good to meet you," Mr. Heitor said, also shaking my hand.

                Jamison's grandpa was eyeing me carefully. He didn't offer me his hand, just narrowed his eyes a little.

                "Grandpa," Jamison said, noticing his look. "I told you guys Cor is quiet. He's not being rude."

                "Let's go get a table," Mrs. Heitor offered. "We can talk more there. I'm sure we're all hungry."

                We went inside and waited until the hostess could take us to a table. Jamison made sure to sit next to me, his parents and grandpa across from us. With a menu in front of me to distract myself, I felt a little better. So, Grandpa Heitor wanted me to be more talkative or else he'd think I was rude. But what was I supposed to talk about?