One

Percy's POV:

   I run my hand over the fresh pen marks on my arm. This happens a lot. Apparently my soulmate likes to write reminders on her arm. English project due Thursday. I've never actually tried writing to my soulmate before. I've heard far too many horror stories about soulmates being terrible people...it's not that I'm not excited to meet her, I'm just petrified that it'll go wrong.

"You okay?" I jump when Jason speaks to me.

"Yeah, sorry, just...thinking."

I'm on my way to Spanish class.
I hate Spanish class.
And of course, the teacher is giving us yet another lecture about how we shouldn't be speaking english during class-time.
I'm fiddling with a red pen, I draw a heart on my arm out of boredom before realizing what I've done. I instantly start rubbing it off before my soulmate sees. Suddenly, a green heart appears next to mine. Maybe writing to your soulmate isn't such a bad thing I feel a jolt of excitement go through my body.

"Percy! What is up with you today!?" I hear Leo say and I'm startled out of my thoughts

"Thinking about soulmates, I accidentally wrote to mine in Spanish earlier."

"I don't understand why you don't write to her! We write to our soulmates all the time. Even if you're not allowed to write anything too personal, I still know my soulmate pretty well." Frank replies.

"I know, I'm just nervous"

Edit: it's been about a year since I started writing this book and I just wanted to mention that if you just read this chapter and realized that it sucks just know that it gets a lot better pretty soon so just stick around please!

Hey guys! This is the first chapter to my new book! I'm really excited!

PS just to be clear, when I wrote 'not allowed to write anything too personal' I meant like, names, appearance, location etc. If you do this it will be very painful and you will lose connection with your soulmate. (This won't be relevant to the story, i literally just needed a way for it to make sense that they don't know who their soulmates are.)

PPS. I am aware that they're all different ages but that would kind of ruin my whole idea so in this book their all in grade 11 in highschool!!!!