Act IV: Home for the Outcasts

"Remind me why I'm wearing this, James?" I gritted my teeth when I went out of the bathroom.

Bago kami pumunta sa Mess hall ay hinila muna niya ako sa kaniyang sleeping chamber para pagpalitin ako ng damit. He said the clothes were from her sister. Kaya pala napansin ko na halos lahat ng naandito ay naka Victorian attire ay yun daw ang school dress code. Kung pupunta man kami sa Mess hall na nakasuot ako ng 'normal' clothes (he made it sound that normal is a bad thing) ay ako ang magiging atensyon doon. Not that I already had their attention, papalalain ko pa ba?

When he saw me came out, his cheeks became redder. Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay. I was wearing a fitted black high collar embroided blouse with a flowing bustle skirt. I don't feel fancy at all. I know I looked like an idiot with this leather boots and with a messy bun. To think I will finally look decent. Hayss

"The corset wasn't really necessary, you know? I'm too skinny" I joked but he was till blushing like a school girl. Damn it, is he really going to have a crush on me? "Hoy, James, ano na?"

"W-wala. Wala" tumayo na siya at inayos ang kanyang waist coat bago buksan ang pintuan at lumabas. Napakurap ako. Boys, I rolled my eyes before following him.

"So, do I get to have my own dorm?" I asked to hide the awkwardness

"You mean sleeping chambers?" He corrected

"Whatever"

"It depends on the Higher Ups. Boys need to be paired with boys, obviously, and vice versa with girls. Students here are approximately 100 or less" he murmured but still lost in thought

That's still alot

Tumango ako "Uhm...who are the Higher Ups?"

"The people who are close to Mistress Pandora Leaur. She's the heir of the manor. His great grandfather was the local founder of the Manor, Sir Arthur Leaur I. Some say he was one of the first Occulist to survive the apocalypse from society's cruelity to our kind"

Natahimik ako, Mistress Pandora Leaur. Was she the same old woman I saw last night? The one with the cold eyes that had ivory cane? That must be her

"Ah, were here, Ivy" tinuro niya ang papalapit na double doors. Sa pagitan ay dalawang silver armor knight. "Sit with us. I'll introduced to you my friends and my sister" hinila niya ako papasok

***

The whole place was a big ball of fanciness. Damn, I don't think I can fit in in this place. Can they smell poorness? If not, then I think I'm good.

Three massive long tables sprawled widely enough for a hundred teenagers with Victorian attire. The room was even bigger than our apartment, and here I am wondering how they manage to built this place in the middle of the forest? The walls were colored warm plum with fleur de lis embroided in it. Dark red velvet thick curtains draped on each side of the two massive French windows, on either side of the walls. On top were two big vintage crystal chandeliers. At the walls were Renaissance portraits and standing armor knights. Maids were bustling from table to table with carts to serve food. Is this really a school? If it is, then this must be even grander than a cafeteria.

"Uy, baka mapasukan ka ng langaw sa sobrang buka ng bibig mo" halakhak ng aking katabi.

Siniko ko siya ngunit mas tumawa pa ito. Hinila niya ang braso ko papalapit sa pinakadulong mesa sa unahan. Habang hinahatak niya ako nahahagip ko ang mga pagkaing nahanay sa mesa o sa cart. Egg' s Benedict, Waffles and pancake with whip cream, sausages and bacon, brioche! What a British meal! My mouth automatically salivated.

"James, can't I just get food first?" pagmamaktol ko. I haven't eaten since yesterday morning

"It can wait, Ivy. I really need you to meet my friends" aniya. I rolled my eyes