Confrontation

HELLO!!

so my friend pissed me off so it was hard to want to write something where you protect your friends at all cost so naturally I had writers block for a while- but I'm back! I hope you enjoy this chapter and look forward to the next one!

You had the pet sitter take Ajax and Charlie for the night and gave her strict instructions to take them to (f/n) after she got back from her trip, you didn't want them getting hurt in the confrontation and if you died you'd rather have them live with someone you know than a stranger. You attached your knife to your belt and gave your house one last look before you turned off the light and closed the door, you went next door to your neighbours house and broke into their car not bothering to be quiet as they were asleep and you knew they never set the alarm, you got in and re-acquainted yourself with the controls as it's been over a year since you've driven but thankfully it was an automatic, you started the engine and slowly backed out of the driveway turning onto the road and hitting the accelerator you sped down the street not bothering to stop for anything that wasn't a pedestrian, other car or a traffic light and made your way out of the city. You were ready for this, you weren't doing anything wrong, the wind from the broken window drowned out your thoughts as you kept gaining speed but the one thing the wind couldn't stop were flash backs of your life. The day you met (f/n) online, the moment you became best friends, your first gift exchange at Christmas, it nearly brought a tear to your eye thinking you may never see her again but you shook your head erasing the thought from your mind because after all, you were doing this for her.

The drive flew by in an instant and you now drove past the camping ground going up the road to the cabin area and at your speed it didn't take long to arrive, you turned the car off and roamed your eyes over the area to be sure you were alone though with the dark it didn't do much good, you got out of the car and grabbed a flashlight out of the back seat using it to guide your way you went past the cabin to the fork in the trail, from what you could remember the tracking device showed he most likely took the hikers trail so that's the way you went. You didn't think and it seemed as if you didn't even breath as you were focusing on the task at hand, 2 miles passed as you wandered through the dark guided only by a thin stream of light from the flashlight you held in your hand you walked another half a mile and came upon a run down camper van, it was covered in leaves and vines, the windows were mostly all broken and the door was barely hanging on it's hinges as if it had been slammed a thousand times, you hid behind a tree and covered the flashlight so no light could be seen and peeked your head out looking for any signs of movement. There were none, you stayed low to the ground and moved fast going up to the side of the van and putting your back against it you now being under the window strained your ears listening if anyone was inside, again there was nothing, you rose from your position and peeked in the window too dark to see you uncovered the flashlight now able to see the interior of the van you could see it was lived in. The floor was covered in empty food cans and strewn around the entire van were empty cigarette boxes crumpled up as if the smoker got pissed off when ever he found out he was out of smokes. The van was empty of people so you moved over to the door grasping the handle and cringing slightly at the creek the door made as it opened, you inspected the interior better now than the outside and went over to the bed seeing a book laying on it you picked the book up and opened it seeing it wasn't a story book but a journal and inside were pages and pages filled with information, 'The parents were catholic so naturally very strict, she wasn't allowed outside without an older person accompanying her' why would they be taking down such random and useless information? you thought as you kept reading 'age 16 she received a letter from her mother in the letter her mother stated that she loved her as did her siblings and that they wanted to help with her depression, seeing it all as lies she burnt the letter immediately after reading it despite it having made her cry' you paused taking in all the information you realised what they were writing about was you. It was your life but why? You flipped through some more pages seeing Polaroid pictures glued to them they were pictures of you taken from both up close and from a distance you slammed the book shut and shoved it into your jacket pocket turning to exit the van but pausing and immediately crouching as you saw lights approaching the clearing from the distance, you cursed under your breath and peeked out the window seeing there was still time you quietly made your way out of the van closing the door half-assed and sprinting back into the woods at a safe viewing distance from the van yet again hiding behind a tree.