Chapter 27.

Jack POV

..

I walked up to Rebecca's doorstep and got the key from under the mat, I unlocked the door and walked in, looking around.

"Rebecca?" I asked

I looked around and she wasn't upstairs, I looked in the living room and she wasn't there, when I turned around the corner she was sitting there crying, harder than I've ever seen her cry and there were pills all over the floor, I ran over to her and picked up the bottle, she was trying to overdose.

"Rebecca! Oh my god baby" , I took her face in my hands and looked into her eyes, they were red and puffy, yet bloodshot.

"Rebecca, you gotta tell me did you take any of these!?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"I couldn't do it Jack.." She whispered and that was the first time I've heard her talk in a month.

I sat down and brought her into my arms and she put her head in my chest and cried, her tears were slowly soaking my shirt but I didn't mind at all, I held her tight in my arms and I didn't even process the fact that possibly, she almost wasn't able to be in my arms anymore.

"I'm scared Jack" she said through her cries "no I'm terrified, and I don't know why this is happening to me, I've been a good girl, I've gotten good grades, I never intentionally lied to my parents, I've tried to be nice to everyone and my life is turning Into a mess! And I hate it!!!" She screamed and I just kissed her forehead and ran my fingers through her hair. She cried harder, to where it was hard for her to breathe, i brought her face up to mine and she kept looking down.

"Rebecca look at me babe" her eyes met mine and her crying calmed down a bit

"Baby, sometimes bad things happen to the BEST people, and you're not going to know why, nobody knows why, but you have people who are here for you, and I know that you feel lost and scared but I'm here my love. And I love you, and no matter what I'm going to do whatever it takes to protect you and love you. If it means I risk my life, then so be it. I'm not telling you to stop hurting because I know it's hard but I'm telling you to trust me, and keep that beautiful smile on your face. I'm so sorry that this is happening, I love you so much Rebecca" I placed my lips against hers and she kissed back smiling against my lips and I felt the spark I do every time I'm around her. She pulled away and I stood up and took her hand. And brought her into my chest once again, she wrapped her arms around my torso and I placed another kiss to her head.

it's times like this that I wonder how I got so lucky with such a gorgeous girl who just happened to be a fan, and now she's my wonderful girlfriend and one day hopefully my beautiful wife.

..

Rebecca POV

..

I couldn't do it, I thought about my daddy, who's still alive, and I'm very thankful for that. As hard as this is, losing my mother and my Amanda, I know if I lost myself, I'd show defeat and I wanna grow old and help people through losses and the struggles they go through, I wanna live a life with jack, get married, have kids, I wanna live my life.

Jack helped me through this, he really did. The pain is still there, I'm still struggling more then I ever have but I have someone who loves me, and cares and that makes me feel safe.

Nothing will ever take the pain away, I lost my mother and that's difficult, she won't get to see me grow up, even though I'm almost 18 I have a lot of time left hopefully, and that's what made me change my mind the most. My mom, the woman who brought me up to be who I am today, she was so strong and I looked up to her. I knew she's watching and staying alive is my appreciation to her and I wanna make her proud, I want to see her one day and tell her that she meant and means the world to me and I love her, I wanna hug her and cry into her shoulder and laugh with her. Really appreciate the people you have in your life because you never know when they're not going to be there anymore, the pain is temporary, but the loss is forever.

I woke up the next morning in Jacks arms, as I tried to get up he tightened his grip on me.

I giggled for the first time in a while.

"Babe, I wanna get some water" I whispered and he smiled and let go.

I walked downstairs and saw that there was a voicemail on the house phone.

I pressed play while getting water, the phone was on speaker.

"Hey baby girl, it's daddy. I have some good news, I'm coming home! They said I was okay, and I'm doing much better by some crazy miracle, I have some burns, but don't be worried okay? I'll be coming home later tonight, I'm excited to see you, I love you girlie" and the line went off.

The smile on my face was uncontrollable, I'm like a little girl and my daddy's coming home.

.

.

.

.

.

So that was really emotional for me to write and it may sound like other stories but I hope you guys like mine! Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it!

Continue to like comment share follow ! All that good stuff :)