EIGHT

-3 YEARS BEFORE THE BLAST-

It had been a few years - 6 to be exact -since Cordelia and Myrtle took Pandora into their coven. She was a beautiful young woman, with shoulder-length raven hair with piercing dark green eyes. Pandora was terrifying due to her magical strength but this did not stop her from making friends among the coven. Her closest friend was Zoe Benson. They both taught the new witches the different skills they possessed.

Pandora's favourite 'student' was Mallory - she was a humble yet proud witch, she never deliberately showed off, she would simply be lost in her magic and out-perform the other witches. Her favourite moment of Mallory's development was when Zoe and Pandora asked the witches to change the colour of the white roses. All of them did, but Mallory went the extra step and made the petals fall off and turn into butterflies, and when touched, turn back to white rose petals. It was truly enchanting sight for all the witches to witness. Coincidentally, Cordelia - the supreme - was there to witness Mallory's potential.

But the silent celebration of Mallory's potential was cut short as Myrtle walked in

But the silent celebration of Mallory's potential was cut short as Myrtle walked in. "The Hawthorne School for Exceptional Young Men. They called an emergency council. We're obliged to get on a plane immediately."

-------------

Cordelia, Myrtle, Zoe and Pandora had travelled from New Orleans straight to California, where the warlock school was located. They stepped out of a black car and begrudgingly trudged towards the circular structure in the centre of the field.

"Are you sure we couldn't have made them come to us?" Zoe asked Myrtle.

"Rules are rules. Besides, do we really want all those men traipsing around our house?" Myrtle said with a roll of her eyes and a small smirk. Pandora snorted and linked her pale arm with the older woman. Pandora always looked up to Myrtle, like a mother-figure, they had always gotten along. In fact, it was Myrtle who got Pandora onto the Witches Council in the first place, of course, Cordelia was going to place the girl in any way, but Myrtle made it happen sooner rather than later.

The four women were seated at a table with The Warlock Council- Ariel, John Henry, Behold, and Baldwin. "Let the record show that at the request of Hawthorne School, that we have assembled an emergency meeting of the council."

"In order to address what must surely be a matter of grave and pressing importance," Myrtle said with an exasperated sigh.

"We recently took in a boy here at the school. At first, we thought he was simply one of us, a warlock who needed our help and training - " Ariel began explaining.

"But?" Zoe and Pandora both said with a roll of their eyes.

"The things he did were extraordinary, and after conducting the requisite test of his powers, we came to the conclusion that his abilities are so impressive that they rise to the level of Supreme." Ariel continued.