Chapter 6

Katniss' point of view

I sit in the woods with Gale his lips on mine and mine his. I hold his cheek and he grabs on to my hand. I then let go and stop.

"Katniss," Gale says. "What's wrong?"

"This!" I respond my voice booming. "This is what's wrong!" Gale cocks his head and gives me a look of confusion. "I'm married Gale. With kids! I can't go off kissing my best friend!" I then sit down beside him and begin to rock back and forth. He scoots a little bit closer to me and then wraps his arms around me. I try to scoot away, but holds on tighter. I fight with all my might for him to let me go, but he doesn't. I finally stop fighting and just lay my head down on Gale's chest. I then look up Gale's face, I look into his grey eyes. He then looks down at me and I gently touch his cheek. I then begin to lean in and kiss him. He's not stunned at all and begins to kiss me back right away.

"What we're about to do," I say breaking away. "This isn't right."

"I know," Gale responds. "But I would do anything to be with you. The woman I love." He then leans in and continues to kiss me, and I kiss him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We run to the place where we keep our bows. Our hands interlocked. The worlds widest smile on my face. At first I felt wrong, about the first kiss we had, but now I don't. 

"So," I say. "How is this going to work?"

"How is what going to work?" Gale responds.

"This," I say pointing to the two of us. "You're not just going to come to my house and start kissing me."

"I'm not?"

"No Gale!"

"Why not?"

"Because my kids are there. Rue will be off to school soon. But Finnicks 3! He can't see his mommy kissing some strange man in the house."

"Ok," Gale says. "So, if we can't do that. What can we do?"

"Do you still need a place to stay?" I say. Gale shrugs his shoulders. 

"I have this place." he says pointing to our shed. I give me a frown.

"That's not a real place Gale. But if you would like a real place to stay. My old house is available."

"Really? I thought your mom would be there."

"Gale. My moms living in 4. She just... She just couldn't come back after what happened." I can then feel the tears well up in my eyes, thinking of Prim. I then quickly take my hands and dry them from my eyes. "Anyway, you can stay there and we can meet up there, and you know." Gale nods. A smile forming across his face.

"Whatever you say Katnip." He them pulls me close and begins to lean in. I lean in too, and we kiss.