Chapter 9: Audition

I woke up to the sound of a guitar that was approaching from downstairs.

I woke up in the same clothes Shannon gave me last night, and with him missing from my loose grip.

I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window. It was still raining, but only a light sprinkle now.

I pulled up my sweats that Shannon gave me, which were a little too baggy and big for my sized waist.

I fixed my messy bun and started walking downstairs.

I found Shannon in the room that was downstairs. I walked in and seen a piano, a couple of guitars, and a few pieces of equipment that I hadn't seen before.

It must have been 80 degrees in there, because I walked in on a sweaty Shannon who was playing on his guitar.

He was so indulged in the sound that he had his eyes closed, which is why he didn't see or hear me walk in.

I cleared my throat. He opens his eyes slowly. "Goodmorning." He says, his voice raspy.

"Goodmorning." I said back. I started to feel sweat drip down my back from how hot it was in the room.

He placed his guitar down. He had on a black cut off shirt with his black sweats.

I wipe my forehead. "Aren't you hot?" I ask, wiping sweat away.

"Oh, sorry." He says getting up to go turn down the thermostat. "Just trying to get the whole touring/performance experience."

I smile and nod. I didn't notice until now how much he missed touring and performing.

"Was that L490?" I ask, changing the subject. He nods. "I never learned the notes to that one."

"Well, I'll have to teach you one day." He says smiling.

I looked at the clock on the wall. It was 10:34. "Do you want coffee before we start cleaning up that track?" I ask Shannon.

"Already made some." He said. "There's some hot tea you can make since you don't like coffee. Weirdo." He smiles and I smile back.

"I'm going to make it. Do you want a cup of coffee?" I ask.

"Sure." He says as he gets out all of the things he needs to edit the Hurricane song.

I walk into the kitchen and make myself a cup of hot honey tea and a cup of coffee (creamer on the side) for Shannon. I also bring him a banana just so he could snack on.

Damn, I thought. I'd make a great ass wife.

I laugh at the idea and head back to the room I was now calling the "studio."

Shannon was siting behind the equipment desk, already erasing and adding vocals or instruments.

I hand him his coffee, creamer and banana and he says thank you.

I take a sit next to him and evaluate what he does. He drags and drops things, erases and adds others. It all seemed difficult to me, but no problem to him.

He looks at my amazed face, and laughs. "Shouldn't you be practicing?" He asks.

"But you're editing the piece that I need." I say pointing at the screen.

"Use the original for now. I'll bring it up when I'm done."

"Alright." He hands me the guitar and I head up stairs.

I put in the disc and practice until my fingers and vocal cords were numb and sore. It's 1:45 and Shannon's still not done with the piece of music I needed for auditions.