Part 5

Bruce's POV:

I wander around the facility searching for Tony. I eventually find him restocking the bar.

"Tony, I need some advice."

"What can I help ya with Big Guy?"

"So, say I wanted to plan a night with a girl but didn't want to overdo it. How would I do that?"

He stops stocking the shelves and turns to me. "You finally did it. You asked out Natsah."

"So what if I did? Just answer my question."

"Okay. You could take her to a movie, but Natasha doesn't seem like someone who would enjoy that type of first date."

"Okay. What do I do, Tony?"

"I can get you into Eleven Madison Park for tonight. Sound good?"

"Tony that is a five-star restaurant. How the hell are you supposed to secure us a spot?"

"Bruce, you're talking to Tony Stark. I can do anything in New York."

"Fair enough. What time should I tell Nat to be ready?"

"I'll try to get a time around 6:30. Y'all should have an early dinner, then take her to walk around parts of Manhattan."

"Thanks, Tony."

"Don't do anything stupid Banner."

I take my glances out of my pocket and decide to find an empty room in the facility to study a map of Manhattan.

Natasha's POV:

Bruce told me to be ready by 6:00. I check the time. It's only 5:30. I've showered a picked out an outfit that I think he will like.

I'm thinking about what I should do to keep me busy when Fury walks in the room.

"Romanoff, I need you to do something."

"If I can do it in 15 minutes, I'll take it. Otherwise, I'm not going to participate."

"You can do it in 5."

"What is it?"

"Don't go out with Banner."

"Why? Am I messing up one of your bets?"

"Yes. You were supposed to ask him out."

"Well, sorry not sorry."

"C'mon Natasha."

"You can go ahead and disappear mysteriously now. I'll even turn around."

"Fine, but I sware if the next date isn't a movie date I will make sure you two never see each other again."

I turn around, and when I turn back he is gone. I check the time. I decide I should get ready.

Bruce's POV:

It is almost 6:00. I walk to Natasha's room and knock on the door.

I'm dressed in a white dress shirt with a navy blue suit and matching tie. My shoes have been polished and you can definitely use them as a mirror.

When Nat walks out of her room I can't speak. I take off my glasses and stare at her. She is gorgeous.

"You look nice."

I'm too stunned to respond. All that comes out is, "Merci."

"Tu parle français?"

"Juste un peu. Tu es très très belle."

"Ah. Merci."

I lead Natasha out of the facility while we have a conversation if French.

We get to Eleven Madison Park and sit down exactly at 6:30.

"Order anything. Tony said he'd pay for half of it."

"Hmm, the lobster sounds delicious."

"I think so too. Would you like some top of the line champagne?"

"Sounds delicious, Dr. Banner."

After we order, we talk about past adventures and the food. We make jokes and laugh. For the first time in a long time, I feel normal.

Natasha's POV:

As Bruce reaches for the check I take his hand and kiss his knuckles. The only reason I have to all of a sudden do this is because it feels right.

I let go of his hand and finish my champagne.

Bruce takes me on a walk in the lit up city. We walk hand in hand looking at our surroundings, talking, laughing, and smiling. I have had the most fun in this one night then I have had in my life. I feel like I can tell Bruce about every skeleton in my closet. I know Bruce isn't just a one and done. I feel it in my bones.

"Before we go back to the car I want to take you somewhere."

I follow Bruce to a jewelry shop around the corner.

"What are we doing here?"

"I don't know. I just thought this would be a good idea." Bruce tells me to wait in the front of the store. I sit in a chair and watch Bruce talk to one of the men behind the counter.

After 15 minutes of waiting, he comes back with a black thin box in his hands.

"Okay. We can go now." He tucks it in his pocket and takes my hand. We walk to the car. He doesn't mention anything about the jewelry shop.

When we are driving back to the facility he takes a turn that goes somewhere else.

"Where are we going?"

"I'm pretty sure there is an empty cottage over here."

We drive for 5 more minutes until we reach an empty house.

"Bruce?"

"C'mon. Look at this view."

I step out of the car and look at Bruce. He has sat down on the stairs leading to the house and is staring at the sky. I sit next to him and look up.

"It's beautiful."

"It is," he replies.

I hope you liked their first date. Sorry if it seemed rushed, but I just really like them together. I think I might add some more in the next part that ends the date in a less abrupt way.