Part 7

Bruce's POV:

I hang up my suit and put on a Harvard sweatshirt as well as a pair of Penn-State sweatpants. I look at a picture Tony dug up of my mom and aunt. I smile a little and open my laptop.

I open an email from Tony containing his digital library. I pull up a book about nuclear physics. I stay up all night refreshing my mind on aspects that might have started to wane.

At 5:00 I hear someone in the kitchen. I change out of my sweatpants on put on some khakis. I walk outside and see Nat trying to fix some waffles.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to make breakfast. What are you doing up?"

"I don't sleep," I observe her. "Are you sure you don't need help?"

"I don't need help now or ever."

"Okay. Tony'll be pretty ticked off if you burn down the facility."

"He is too scared of me to get mad."

"Tony, scared? Never."

"Better believe it, Mr. Child Prodigy."

I laugh, "Just be careful.'

Tony's POV:

I walk downstairs to a smell of burnt food.

"What the hell is happening?"

"Tasha made us breakfast."

"She did?"

"I did."

Bruce nods, "It's delicious."

I sit down next to Bruce and take a bite of the waffles.

"You should change your profession and become a chef. Or better yet, become a cooking assassin."

"Very funny, Tony."

Natasha throws a knife. It lands between my arms.

"That was unnecessary."

I look at Bruce. He has eaten a fourth of his waffle and is watching Natasha.

"Just get a room already. I'm going to go use this waffle as a hammer."

Natasha's POV:

"Are they that awful?"

Bruce shakes his head, "Of course not. I'm just not that hungry."

I can tell he is lying, but decide to smile and just take out some of Thor's PopTarts from the pantry.

"strawberry or blueberry?"

"Blueberry please."

"Really? Strawberry is the best."

"No way. It is actually cinnamon sugar."

"Nope," I shake my head. "Strawberry."

I put one strawberry and one blueberry into the toaster and wait for a minute or two while Bruce reads the newspaper.

When they are ready, I dump them onto a plate and sit across from Bruce.

"Are you as old as Steve? What's with the paper?"

Bruce sets it to the side and breaks his PopTart in half.

"Very funny. Reading is good for you."

"Yeah okay, Big Guy."

I finish my strawberry PopTart and am about to stand up to take the plate to the dishwasher, Bruce stops me.

He kisses my hand and steals the plate from me and stands up. He walks over to the dishwasher.

I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist. He loads the dishwasher and turns around.

Bruce's POV:

I can't think of anything to say so I ask her, "How'd you sleep?"

She shrugs, "Fine."

"Is that good or bad."

"Neither."

I nod.

"Bruce?"

"Tasha?"

"What do you want to do?"

"Spend my day with you?"

"...Dork."

I smile. "Is that good or bad."

She just smiles.

We just stand there silently. At some point, Nat leaned her head into my chest and I started to rub her back. I feel safe. Not because there is a monster inside of me or an assassin is hugging me, but because I am content.

Almost happy.

I know this one is short too, but the next part will probably have Peter Parker in it. So get ready!