Black

Notes: Bear with me I'm new to the whole writing thing. Hopefully it gets better as I go on, especially my grammar good god. Also I picked this music video here, because I like this song and the edits of HxH to it a lot. Enjoy :)

Killua POV

The days have been the same. Normal routine, normal life. College is a drag but why would I expect anything different. Coach is annoying and practice is unbearably mundane. At least I have my team. And swimming. I'm not saying I have problems, but when I swim, I can feel myself swimming away from my problems. Woah that got a little too deep. Fuck whatever I don't have any problems. Just a boring life.

I walk up to my current girlfriend Jeanine and put my arms around her waist. We're in her tiny apartment on the west side of campus. It's late at night and you can hear party music from a place a few feet over.

Jeanine is a short, black haired girl that always wore modest clothing. Today her hair was slick back in a high ponytail and she wore a gray T-shirt with matching sweatpants. Her brown eyes looked as bright as ever as she looked up into mine.

"Aww hey baby!" Jeanine cheered smiling.

Ugh why is she always so happy.

...Well not for long.

"Yeah, um, hey. I've been thinking. And I don't think our relationship is going anywhere." I say deadpanned.

"You've been thinking? Since when and why? Everything has been going so well. I've just opened up to you- quite literally-after 6 months of dating! And you just drop me like that?" Jeanine replies on the verge of tears.

"Honestly I felt like things have gone in a rut for a while now. But I kept pushing it because if you were ready to have sex things might change. Maybe I'd find a new spark. I didn't and I'm sorry I had to do this, but I can't live in denial anymore," I explain trying to sound sympathetic.

"M-maybe if you talked to me about it. We could've worked something out. We still can Killua! I know you're not a player like the rumors say. I know you're a sweetheart and-just-please. Now that you've told me we can work it out. Stay a little longer?" Jeanine sobs out her tears continually dripping down her face.

"Uh I," I start.

"Please stay with me" Jeanine pleaded here eyes completely watery and broken.

"Look I got to go. Practice is at 5am tomorrow and I need sleep. No matter how important the reason is to be up right now. I've already tried but we just don't connect how we used to. We're done and I'm so sorry. Bye Jeanine," I spout trying to imitate being empathetic as best as possible.

I swiftly turn around and look for the door.

Jesus why did she have to fucking cry. I'm not all that special. Girls are so dramatic. It's not like we are going to get married. It's college for fucks sakes.

Jeanine starts sobbing louder as I hear her lower to her knees.

I continue walking the other way without a second thought. I opened the door and slam it on the way out.

I'm still as savage as I used to be in high school. Still a fucking player. But instead I play more intricate games. You see I got smarter. Getting hot girls wasn't enough for me anymore. On top of that my "legacy" spread like wildfire. I was infamous and going to a local college meant plenty of people knew I was shit. It was no longer cool to be a player and it hardly allowed me to get girls anymore. I had to change. College is 10x more people and 10x more logic and "maturity". But it's more fun this way too; at least for me it's different. I pick girls who are a challenge now. And once I accomplish that challenge I move on. Now my relationships last months because it's not easy cracking that shell and breaking in.