Glasses {harry styles // marcel}

__________________________________________________________________

It's funny.

The way fate works.

How something so insignificant such as a pair of glasses could change your life.

The way we have no control over our future, and yet somehow we still believe in our own free will.

Of course we can make our own choices.

What to eat for breakfast, To stop procrastinating and do our homework- but all the big choices...

... Aren't really ours to make.

My name is Mason. I'm 17 and I have an attitude problem. At least, that's what people tell me. I was diagnosed with Depression at 11, and was called "negativist" through out my entire life.

I was bullied all through elementary.

And middle school.

And most of high school...

I was "weird" "fat" and "insignificant".

My mom was my only family. But, of corse, life took its cruel way of depriving someone of there only joy and plucked her from my hands.

Basically, my mom's dead.

So is my father whom I'd never met till he was on his death bed in prison five years ago. He told me about his new wife, Bridget and his new son and daughter.

Liz and Fred. Both, of whom I hated very much.

Liz was tall, blonde and big busted. She mostly took over her moms genes. But of corse she had my dads long eyelashes and nice smile. But, believe me When I say, she was an absolute bitch.

Fred, was an idiot. Plain and simple. I legit loathed him for his vacancy. Not to mention he found it amusing to pass my Bra's out around the neighborhood and would make me go door to door asking for them back. He also found it amusing to edit me on his computer, making me look heavy and obese.

Then there was Bridget. My evil guardian.

Basically, I was cinderella surrounded by bitch one, two and three. I made meals, cleaned rooms and still, I was treated unfairly. The only thing that I looked forward to in life was school. I know, it sounds crazy. But the sooner I finish school, the sooner I get my degree. Which means I can finally leave this hell whole called the valley and move to... I don't even care! as long as its away from Bridget and her goons!

Thinking about my degree brought me back to my current situation. Math.

Ms. Veronica was currently scribbling numbers on the chalk board. I looked to my left to see a bunch of idiots staring at her dark blue pencil skirt. She then turned around, her black waves flowing to her other shoulder framing her cat eye glasses.

"Does Anyone know the answer?"

Her voice was not girly, nor was it burly.

I quickly looked down at my hands. noticing everyone looking somewhere else, praying not to be called on.

I heard her scoff before going back to the board.

Math was almost finished when I heard the intercom go off. "Would Michelle-"

I rolled my eyes. "-please report to the principals office. NOW!" there was a harsh squeal, no doubt the microphone. I looked at Ms. Veronica. She nodded, silently agreeing to walk me there.

When we got to the principals door, I heard two voices laughing and chatting. Veronica held one finger up, signaling me to be quiet before opening the door. I waited a minute before pressing my ear to the wood.

"And I was like, Angelina, I want you- I really want you. But what about Brad? He's like a son to me!" Was that Principal Johnny...? he couldn't be talking about the school nurse could he?

"Your a good man!" of course. Harvey, the vice Principal and best friend would be with him. "I know, I know..." I then heard Veronica. "Mason Grace is here to see you." "Who?" "Mason Grace? you intercomed her here from math...?"

"I LOVE MATH!" Harvey. "Send her in."

I took this as my Que and pushed open the door. They both stood up quickly and started clapping.

"THERE SHE IS!"

"THE REAL SUPERSTAR!"

"ALRIGHT SHE IS! MY FAVORITE STUDENT! How are you Mary?"

"It's Mason."

"Sure, whatever you say big gal."

I sighed before sitting in one of the two seats behind the big oak desk.

I didn't really much attention to what they were mumbling about. Until I heard the words "tutor" "good lad" and "You'll really like him Maisy." I heard Harvey yell a hefty "Marcel! MARCEL!"

That's when I looked up to see a boy, about my age. He wore a tan collared dress shirt, a sweater vest, some beige slacks and yes, he had on loafers. On the bridge of his nose sat a pair of dark brown glasses. His hair, sat in a well greased quiff. "H-Hi." he stuttered. "Hello."

"Mackenzie, meet your tutor. Marcel."

"What?" my head snapped up. "Tutor?" Johnny chuckled a bit, I noticed the way his chest hair looked like a black bear was super glued on his skin. "Your falling behind Mason, You've nearly been expelled. Twice. Marcel is your last hope." It took me a minute to process what he was saying. Expelled. That did not sound fun. WAIT. if I was expelled, then I couldn't graduate! which meant no leaving Bridget, Liz or Fred...

I quickly looked up.

"My place or yours?"

___________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's short. The next chapter will (hopefully) be Longer :D *cough* maybe *cough* there will be leeroy in the next chapter as well<3

-Charlie