The one that won't get away.

Ken Davidson, my latest ex, was standing right in the doorway. His huge pearly white smile lit up the room, and his brown eyes glinted with happiness. Although he may sound cute and sweet, he's an awful jerk. He flirts with every single girl he meets, and makes each feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. But that only lasts about ten minutes, until he finds a new one. I couldn't even believe I dated him, but at least I was the one that broke it off. He still had a huge crush on me, even though I ignored and rejected him as much as possible.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "What do you want, Kenneth?" I knew he hated being called Kenneth, so that, in my book, was his nickname.

"You," He answered, trying to grab my waist.

I grabbed his hands and threw them back at him. "Stop. Obviously I don't like you at all anymore. You're a dick. Move out of the doorway."

I tried to push through him but his hands reached for my butt. He squeezed it and chuckled. I screamed and shoved him. "Kenneth! Stop! Right now! I like someone else!"

He stopped laughing and got a serious look on his face. "What?"

I twisted my starfish ring around my finger. "A boy I met. At the library."

I knew I was lying, I could never have feelings for Curly like THAT. I just wanted Ken to leave me alone. Maybe he would permanently.

"Gonna beat his ass. He's taking my babe."

I groaned. "Stop calling me your babe. I haven't been your babe in nearly three weeks, and I'm never falling for that ever again."

Ken rubbed his sun-kissed-tan arm and thought for a second. "But Alex. You're super hot. I don't know what happened. I want you again."

"Well, I don't want you. Let me through."

I tried to enter the classroom, but before I could Ken grabbed my face. "You listen to me-"

"LET GO!!!" I hollered, throwing my arms around helplessly. My face was really starting to hurt. Ken would not stop.

"You don't deserve anyone but me, you stupid, stupid-"

"She said let go."

I looked down the hallway, and there stood Curly.