The Past and the Mountain

Haragon X784

Flashback

"Grandma! Grandma!", an eight-year-old pink haired girl in a blue sundress yells out as she watches the pie bake in the oven, "Is it almost done?"

An elder lady who looked to be in her early fifties with faded pink haired and blue eyes strolls into the kitchen with a smile on her face, she takes a quick look into the oven before she pats the girl on the head.

"Just a little while longer, Chelia", Grandma Blendy said as then moves to the living room where an elderly man sat in a recliner chair.

"Now what are my two pretty, young, ladies up to this fine evening?", the man asked as he shook the sea salts out of his short dark blue hair while scratching his mustache, "For the smell of it, you are baking something delicious."

"Oh hush Charlie", Grandma Blendy giggled, "Stop trying to make me feel young again."

"But Abigail, my dear, you'll always be young in my eyes", Charlie said as he got up and engulf his wife in his arms to which she only laughs louder. All the while little Chelia stood there with stars in her eyes.

"Wow! Grandma! Grandpa! Do you think I'll find anyone who can treat me with such love?", she asks, snapping her grandparents out of their romantic scene.

"I'm sure one day you'll meet your knight in shining armor, Chelia", her grandma told her.

"It will just be when you're much, much, older and after I threaten him with-", Charlie Blendy began to before receiving a light slap to his shoulder from his wife.

"Charlie! You shouldn't being saying such stuff to a child", she reprimands him as she stared directly into his emerald green eyes, " Gods only know what thoughts you could be putting inside her head!"

"Oh come now dear, what's the worst that could happen-"

BOOM!

The house slightly rocks as all three occupants find themselves struggling to maintain their balance as the slight tremor occurs. Charlie was able to keep Abigail from falling over while Chelia was able to catch a nearby chair to balance herself.

"What was that?!", Abigail panics as she moves over to make sure Chelia was okay.

"While coming back from the docks I heard that some mages are in town and are causing trouble, could be them", Charlie explained, "I think one of their names was Salamander, also from what the lads describe one of them had pink hair or something."

"Well I hope they keep away from here and that the local guard handles them", Abigail voiced as she hugs Chelia in an effort to calm her down.

"Ha! Those whelps couldn't handle a wet paper bag, let alone mages! Back when I was in the Rune Knights, we knew how to deal with mages and we kept them in line, but today troops are too soft, no backbone whatsoever and Fiore's Royal Army is even worse!", Charlie boasted seconds before another explosion goes off nearby and rocks the house.

"Damn that sounded liked they're closer now!", Charlie curses, "Abigail, take Chelia and head down to the basement! I'll be there shortly after I get a few things from the closet!"

Abigail looks like she wanted to say something, but decided against it, "Okay but don't take too long!"

"I'll be along soon enough!"