Prologue

You can't call us lovers, nor can you call us just friends. In between, there's that zone called mutual understanding, or MU for short. Two people can be considered to be in that zone when they both admit to having feelings for each other, admit to crushing on each other; however, nobody asks the other out to be in a relationship. It's that awkward space of trying new things and uncertainty: when the bond between two people comes to a halt.

We were neither lovers nor just regular friends. We were not in a relationship, so I referred to "him" as my best friend. My closest guy friend, someone special. I did not mind his lack of courage nor his insensitivity because everyday was fun; even hiding the fact that we both acknowledged that we liked each other. Seeing him in the halls to those simple hello's were already enough for me. There was no need for a relationship after all; we were both just students trying to survive our senior high life.

But that was quite wrong.

It wasn't that he was insensitive or that he lacked courage. It wasn't that he never made a move because we were trying to keep it a secret. It wasn't that he was too busy with his studies. It wasn't that he was too scared for a relationship.

I was just too naive to notice.

He truly liked someone else.

And that someone else already had a boyfriend. In the end, he is just pretending to like me because he can't have her. He himself does not notice that he has already fallen for someone he can't have.

But me too.

I have also fallen for someone I can't have.
I have also fallen for the wrong person.
And I just wish... that I had not.