Chapter 3: Marriage then Babies or No Babies?

*1 year later*

Kinsleigh's dad and mom and little sister flew out to London and watched her get married. They took lots of pictures and when they came home they printed them off. Preston put two of them in his office and Bucky seen them. He said "She made a beautiful bride Preston." 

"Yeah she did." he said as he looked down

"What's wrong?" Bucky said

"I just I'm worried James that wedding was not my daughter. That girl was not my daughter she has lost her accent and she kept her mouth shut most the time." Preston said

"You don't think that it could just be stress from the wedding. I mean when Lily and me got married she was stressed out and didn't want me to know about or seem stressed around the girls." Bucky said 

"Maybe I just worry about her being over all alone what if it falls apart or what if she needs space you know how she gets when she hurt she pushes everyone away and hides away she can't do that there she has no where to go." Preston said 

*6 months later*

"So um Lucas can I stop taking my birth control I would really like to try for a baby. I want a baby." she said 

"No I don't want babies Kinsleigh." he said as he worked on something for work

"But I want a baby Lucas why can't you do this for me to make me happy." she said 

"Kinsleigh please do you really want to get fat and hormonal just to push something out of your vagina." he said 

She looked down and started to cry and slammed the door to his home office. Lucas groaned and got up and walked out of the door and grabbed her and slammed her agains the wall and said "I'm the boss baby and I said no babies I will not have my wife acting like a baby herself cause she's not getting her way understand." 

"Lucas.." she whispered as tears fell 

He let go of her and she ran off and cried herself to sleep. The next morning she was drinking her coffee and he came up behind her and said "Baby I'm sorry I got angry last night." 

She looked down and said "I have to go to work." and she grabbed her stuff and headed to the school she taught English at and cried. 

Later that day Lucas went to a doctor and had a vasectomy scheduled for a week from that day and he was just going to let her think he was sterile so she could stop taking her birth control. 

*2 weeks later*

After he had the surgery he did his best to hide the fact that he had the surgery done till he was healed up and made sure his assistant put his 3 month appointment in to make sure that it did take. She didn't notice that he wasn't wanting sex with her but didn't really care she wanted babies and he wasn't going to let her have babies. 

She went to the doctor and got herself some antidepressants once she told them how she was feeling lately. She called her dad on the way home he was at home and she told him about the fight leaving out the fact that he got abusive with her and told him about how she was just diagnosed as clinically depressed. 

Catherine her mom and said "Baby you need to come home."

"No mom it's fine I just hope for your sake that Hensley marries someone that will give you grandbabies." she said 

Preston left the house and went to the shop and said "Give me a car please" 

Sam said " Here this one just came in" 

Preston started to work on the car and Bucky said "Preston is everything ok?'

"Yeah everything is great I have one daughter that wants to go to school in New York and I have another one that has basically been told that she isn't allowed to have babies cause he doesn't want her to get fat." Preston said 

Bucky swallowed hard and said "Are you talking about Kinsleigh?' 

"Yes I only have two daughters Bucky." Preston said 

"Since when does Kinsleigh let some guy tell her what to do?'" Bucky said 

"I told you 6 months ago that she wasn't Kinsleigh anymore." Preston said as he finished up the car. 

Bucky said "Hey Sam do you mind to close up for me." 

"Yeah that's fine." Sam said

Bucky got in his truck and left and drove to the river side where he told her to go and he sat there on his tail gate with a beer and said "God you are such a fucking idiot James Buchanan" to himself as he remembered the conversation. 

He left the river side and picked up dinner and then he got home and Lily said "Hey um thanks for picking up dinner baby" as she kissed him. 

He went into the bathroom to take a shower and he saw a pregnancy test on the counter that said positive and he smiled and said "Baby.." 

She came in with a smile and said "We are expecting again." 

"I can tell baby I hope it's just one baby this time cause twins is hard." he said as he kissed her and put his arms around her waist. 

"You are home early though." she said

"Yeah Preston came in he's having a bad night. So I let him and Sam close up." he said 

"Mm well get cleaned up then join us for dinner." she said 

"Ok love you darlin." he said 

"Love you too." she said

He got in the shower and pushed away the guilt he had for letting Kinsleigh go.