Meeting Them

Arthur

I was sitting in my living room reading a book merrily when I heard something in the kitchen. Sounded like there might be an intruder, and I didn't know quite what to do. 'It could be a downer' I thought. My curiosity was ended when a tall man with glasses came out of the kitchen and into the living room. We both sort of just stared at each other for a few seconds before I spoke up "Um...can I help you with something?"

"I-I'm terribly sorry f-for the trouble, Miss. Just, you know, running from some angry Bobbies!" which proved to be true. Some Bobbies must've used the back door in the kitchen to get inside. If that wasn't a que for the lad to leave in a hurry I'd be lying. I sat there with my book in my lap, watching the man run for the front door and a small group of Bobbies not too far behind. 'Well that happened' I thought, making a mental note to start locking up better so stray men with Bobbies after them don't wander in again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bobby

It was such a beautiful day in Hamlyn Village! The joyful colors everywhere while I was walking down the streets - just before noon - about to get some errands done before lunch. I stopped by the floral shop to look at some of the flowers they had outside on display. I picked up a blue carnation from a bundle of carnations varying colors. As I brought the flower up to my nose to smell it, oblivious of what everyone around me was saying. Well, more like freaking out.

A man came out of the flower shop looking and acting batshit crazy. The man swiped a chunk of flowers off of the flower stand next to the entrance before looking at me. He must've got a bad batch of joy with the crazy look in his eyes. I got a better glimpse of his face, hearing some Bobbies blow their whistles and yelling nearby: it was one of my neighbors, Mr. Peters! But that didn't matter, being a Downer now. Mr. Peters lunged at me, swinging his arms to hit me. Luckily he lost some of his balance and just ended up knocking the two of us down in the process. If the Bobbies weren't a few steps away I'm sure he would've stayed to try and clobber me to death. When I looked up from the ground I saw two Bobbies chasing him down the street, but one had stopped. He was kneeling next to me, offering his hand out to me.

"Are you alroight Ma'am?"

"I, uh...I think so" I said while he helped me up from the ground, "thank you so, so much Constable"

"It's a pleasure helping a lovely lady like yourself, but I must be off! Duty calls" he smiled before running off to help catch the Downer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joy Doctor

Another slow day, a nice pace that I enjoy the majority of the time. Working in this small little shop has its perks though. My shop usually attracts those interested in science, chemistry, biology - like a little slice of intellectual nerd heaven. That's what I call it at least! I was reading my book about psychology at the front desk when I heard the front doors bell ring. I looked up and saw one of the Joy Doctors walking in.

"Afternoon! Welcome to my little slice of science heaven" I said as he walked up to the front counter.

"Afternoon Miss" he responded, "what's that that you're reading?"

"Oh, it's just a little fun reading - it's about the psychology of serial killers" I replied casually.

"Oh, and now why might you pick something to read of this nature?" he questioned me. Must be some random check to see if I'm taking my Joy.

"Well Doctor, the way the human brain can function with a diversification - not only on an individual's personal experiences, but their own morals, beliefs, and even genetics is rather fascinating. There's not an abundant population that may see it the same way, but it is nice to revel in such things, no matter how arcane they might be. Being a man of medicine I'm sure you can find an appreciation or fascination with such affects to the human psyche, right?" I said leaning onto the counter. What I said must have changed his demeanor, mind, thoughts - something. I could tell he was a little surprised? I think surprised would be fitting, of my opinion.

"That...that is quite the mindset a true person of study would pursue to know - and enjoy, of course, Miss" he smiled, part of me thinks it was a real, genuine smile. "Well, Miss, I thought I'd stop by and see how you are on this lovely day. Have a splendid day Ma'am" he said with a tip of his hat.

"Why thank you, Doctor - have a lovely day!" I replied before he walked out of my shop.