A Whole New World

Now this is not some Aladdin and Jasmine love story. The world really has changed and not in a good way at all.

Let me back-up. The year? 2118. The world we live in is dying, slowly but surely. The earth is dried up and water is a privilege and even the rich are running out of water. All we have where I live is muddy water to drink. But that's a risk. If you get so dehydrated that you want to take a sip, you are taking a chance of getting so much disease and illness. To some, it is worth it, to others, it is not. That is a choice people make everyday.

Due to the way the economy is now, population has gone down tremendously. Only the strong survive I guess. I have even heard that they are doing space missions to other planets to find a place that has a water supply.

But this is not fair that the people of the present have to deal with this because of the mistakes of those from the past. Because people were lazy, careless, and stupid, we have to bear the consequences of having no water. Because the water was filled with trash and metal, we now live without water and most of the animals living in the water have died.

No more cute little fishes or adorable dolphins. Those animals had to suffer because people were not cleaning after themselves. They could not do it on their own. Trust me, if dolphins and fish had legs and arms to clean the trash out of the ocean, the would have done it. But they don't. That is why people have to do it. We as humans have that power to do it, and help them. And when these creatures needed us the most, we just let them die. I am not proud of our ancestors. They needed to do better.

Now... now we are living in a whole new world, that is about to go extinct. What did I do to deserve this?