The Change

The Change: A Selection Novel

         By: Charlotte and Sahithi

     Chapter 1

It has been 3 hours since I’ve walked down the aisle. I still am speechless by how fast this day has went. Right now Maxon is talking to Nicoletta, I was happy she was able to make it. I haven’t been able to think straight lately but I think that someone is saying my name.

“Ames!”

It was May. She was trying to get my attention.

“Yes.”

“Can I eat another strawberry tart?”

I didn’t know what to say, but then again it is a special day. “1 more, that’s it!”

“Thank you!” May screamed, as she ran off.

Just then I saw Maxon walk up to me, out of habit I started to straighten my dress.

“My dear.”

I was just about to yell at him for saying that… when I remembered that I promised he could call me that.

I responded “Yes my Royal Husbandness.”

“I love you America Schreve.”

“I love you too Maxon.”

The next morning I was woken up by someone’s voice .

“Your Royal Highness It’s time for breakfast.” Mary said.

By the time I was at the table I had smoothed my hair down 14 times. Why I did this… I think I thought that My “Father in Law” might SCREAM his lungs off at me for not looking pristine and perfect.

As I sat down I realized that Marlee and Officer Woodwork were there. I sat at the top of the table right next to Maxon.

“May, guess what we’re having for breakfast?” Maxon asked even though we all knew what she would guess.

“Strawberry Tarts?”

“Yes My darling.”

And with that they brought out 30 different kinds of tarts.

“Oh my world.” May bellowed.

“Yes May, you can have as many as you want.” He commented.

“Really? Thanks so much Maxon! I love you.” May said, as she was grabbing a handful of tarts.

“Now May, be polite.” My Mother commented.

“But it’s soooo good, and now I am in the Palace!” May replied with a mouth full of tarts.

“Alright everyone!” Marlee said, “Since it’s America's first day here, we have a special treat.”

“Oooo what is it?” asked Maxon

Great, I don’t want to keep being the center of attention. I thought.

“Ok so this is what it is... French Toast! I made it by myself, just for you America.” She said, as the servants were bringing out a gigantic thing of French Toast.

Wow I am surprised that I wasn’t embarrassed. I thought.

“Oh Marlee thank you so much! I love it.” I replied

“Ok, now you and Maxon stand up and take the first bite together.“

There it is.

Just as she finished that, Maxon got up from his seat.

“Come on My Lady, shall we?” he asked.

“We shall.” I replied taking his hand, but in my head thinking this is too much.

After breakfast was over, I was walking over to my suite, when I heard someone calling me.

“Queen America, I want to talk to you for a second.” asked Silvina

“Sure, should we go to the Women's  Room?” I asked

“Alright let’s go.”

So Silvia and I walked over to the Women’s room.

“Ok.” she said as we sat down, “ Now since you’re the Queen, I was thinking it would be a good time to decorate your suite. You’re already staying in there right?”

“Yes, I am.” I responded

Why does everything have to be about me?

“Sylvia before you decorate my suite could you do May’s?”

“Of course my lady.”

Thank Goodness for May. I can finally relax.