Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Its been a couple of days since Maxon and I started talking to each other again.

“America! America! Where are you?” Maxon was calling my name.

“I’m right here.” I replied.

“Oh there you are.” he said walking towards me, I have to tell you something. We are going to have some special guests, for the next couple of weeks.”

“Oh ok where are  they coming from?” I asked.

“They’re the Royal Family of France.”

“Wonderful, I’ll have everything set up for them. When are they coming?” I questioned.

“They’re going to come tomorrow.” He replied, and walked away.

Great, now I have to get everything ready in one day.

“ALRIGHT EVERYONE MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS IN IT’’S PLACE!!!” I screamed. “THE ROYAL FAMILY WILL BE HERE ANY SECOND!!”

“America, dear calm down.” Maxon said, “No need to yell”

“I know Maxon, I just want everything to be perfect.”

Just then the guards told us that the Royal Family had arrived.

“Alright come on lets go.” Maxon said as he was holding my hand.

We walked to the front of the palace, then we saw them.

“Hi I’m The King of France.” A old man said as he took his hand out for me to shake.

“And I’m the Queen of France.” A women a couple years younger than the King said. “And this is my daughter Daphne.”

“Hi” she said with a dull and bored voice.  

“Hi I’m America, Maxon’s wife.” I told them.

“Maxon, we’re so sorry for the loss of your parents.” The Queen added.

“Yeah we are just getting over the loss. Thank you. Now come on let’s go.”

“How about us ladies go into the Woman’s room so I get to know you better. And the you guys can go somewhere in the palace?” I suggested.

“Of course.” Maxon replied.

So the Queen, Daphne and I walked to the Woman’s room and sat down.

“Would you like something to drink?” I asked Daphne and The Queen.

“I’ll have water. Thank you.” said the Queen.

“Um…  maybe so tea at 75 degrees.” said Daphne.

And with that the maid walked out with a concentrated look. Well all I can say is that was the strangest request I’ve heard. And when the maid came back, she looked more nervous than ever.

“Here are your beverages.” proclaimed the maid.

“Excuse me miss, this is 73 degrees not 75.” protested Daphne.

“I’m sorry let me get you a new one.” and off went the maid again.

I can’t believe she said that, it’s just 2 degrees off. And how can she tell anyway, does she keep a thermometer in her pocket? When the maid makes her appearance again she has a new tea, and when Daphne sips it she says.

“THIS IS NOW 77 DEGREES!” objected Daphne. Ok now I have had quite enough of her complaints.

“Daphne you need to stop, she is obviously trying her best. But you just keep screaming your head off. And I have to get going anyway, excuse me.” I stated.  She is completely awful.

So after all of this I felt like clearing my head. So I decided to go and get my violin and sit on the balcony.  Just as I was getting ready to start my second piece, I heard the door slam. It was just Maxon.

“I just heard that you were not very pleasant with Daphne. Is this true America?” Maxon asked

“Well I wouldn’t say that, I just gave her a tiny lesson on manners.” I mumbled

“You know she’s our guest, right? You can’t do that. And I have no idea why you did that, because Daphne is delightful.”

“Well she was being ridiculous, and I had to say what was on my mind.” I declared

“I expected you to be friends with her. I think you’ll get to like her if you try.” Maxon said, as he kissed the top of my head and left.

Why is she even here, I think she just likes to hate people. But I decide to go apologize, because Maxon will just make me do it later anyway, So I knock on her door, and Daphne opens it.

“Oh it’s you again.” She spits

“Look I wanted to apologize for earlier.”

“Thank you.” And when she said that, I could tell that she wanted me to leave.

“Well-” before I could finish she slammed the door shut.