- Description, Preview and Questions-

✨Updates every Saturday 12pm AWST time.✨

Miraculous Ladybug - Dark and Mature AU

~~~

A string of murders has begun trailing through the Parisian slums, and Marinette Dupain-Cheng believes that Hawkmoth is involved, and maybe even another miraculous holder. As Ladybug, she must figure out who the murderer is, especially since Marinette herself is a prime suspect. With Chat Noir being known as the 'Greatest Parisian Thief', a fashion show that will determine her future and not knowing who to trust, she knew it was time to put an end to Hawkmoth's reign.

~~~

"Did you get some rest?" Chat Noir asked, his voice filled with concern.

His voice was only heard as a background noise, echoing and faraway. It sounded soft, and Ladybug could hear the slightest bit of warmth, but it was too far away to reach.

Her mind was clouded with the murderer and the fashion show. Who was the murderer...was it really a miraculous holder?

Chat Noir stared at Ladybug, waiting for an answer, before realising that he wasn't getting one.

"You didn't rest," Chat Noir growled, disappointed. "Seriously, Bug?"

Ladybug wasn't listening. She felt the bags still hanging under her eyes and her pinkish eyes were aching. She sneezed a little from the cold, and immediately, knitted her brow in worry.

Chat Noir observed her from a distance. She was shivering in fear and stress, and it was clearly evident to anyone with eyes.

"I guess you leave me no choice then, Bug," Chat Noir shrugged with a sigh. "Sorry in advance."

"Huh? Di-did you say something?" Ladybug croaked.

Thinking that Chat Noir didn't say anything, she went back to pacing forward and backward atop the rooftop terrace, her vision slightly blurry.

"Maybe...the murderer is-"

Before she could finish, she realised that Chat Noir was only inches away from her. A soft red blush formed on her cheeks in surprise.

"Wha-what is-"

Before she could finish, he tilted her face up with her fingers under her chin. And their eyes met. Blazing green eyes meeting glowing blue ones.

Ladybug freaked out.

Why does he look so scarily serious?

It wasn't long before Chat Noir pressed his lips against hers.

~~~

What Point of View will this be in?

This story will most likely always be in third person; however, Marinette will be writing in her diary and I might show a few snippets of that. The narrator will be revealed as you continue reading.

Where will 'Akuma' update first?

I will be posting this fanfiction on

- fanfiction.net

- Archive of Our Own

- Quotev

- Wattpad

However, no matter what, it will always be posted first on wattpad.

Will it always update on Saturday at 12?

Well, firstly, nobody's perfect, I do have a life outside wattpad and might not update, but since I'm already setting myself a schedule I have to follow it. If I don't update or find that the chapter I've written isn't well-fleshed out or dumb, I will inform the reader. Hopefully before 12 on Saturday. Secondly, everyone has different dates and times. I'm pretty sure that the US is behind of Australia by one day and other countries have different days.

This fanfiction will update 12:00pm AWST time on Saturday.

How long will this story be?

I have a straight-planned main plotline that focuses on the murders around Paris and their search for who Hawkmoth is. Romantic subplots might be added (Ladynoir will definitely be explored, don't worry). I have the ending planned and the beginning planned as well as the character's fears and feelings. I have been planning this novel in the back of my mind for over a year, but I don't know how long. Maybe at novel length, depending on how it goes.

Will the reveal happen?

Anything can happen in fanfiction. 😏

How drastically different will this be from the original show?

Extremely different. It will show the characters from the original show, but they might have different roles. Hawkmoth still sends out butterflies, but leaves a white mark on the original akumatised object rather than a pure butterfly flying out. Appearances of characters have also changed such as Ladybug's outfit and Alya's. Ladybug is still the same serious superheroine, who's sassy and mature. Chat Noir is a little different, he's more of the loner type now. I think I've already said too much, but more differences will be shown as you read the novel.

How long will the chapters be?

I want to make the best chapters for every week and most satisfying releases. So I have personally set a goal that a chapter has to be at minimum 1500 words/2000 words except for author notes and diary bits.

What the hell happened to 'Watching Miraculous Ladybug' and Miraculous Diary the Sequel?

Haha....no. I like to forget my past. I have been disappointed with recent episodes of Miraculous, and since many would like to see a grittier version of Miraculous, I have created this fanfiction.

Anything we need to know about the novel beforehand?

Absolutely not, I don't think you even need to really watch a show that much. Maybe one episode is enough. No spoilers will be revealed, other than the big one from Collector. Season 1 and the first episode of Season 2 is all you need.

If there are any more questions, I might do a Q&A soon so yeah!

I hope you enjoy, and thank you!

~~~