𝙀𝙋𝙄𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

⇎

It had taken a lot in Jahseh to keep composure. The series of unfortunate events that had taken place previous weeks before today weren't enough to throw him off his rails, yet this one was.

"You said you were busy."

The room fell silent. By now everyone had stopped blasting music and started making a circle around the couple waiting for the altercation to unravel into something more. Something it didn't need to be.

Jahseh's eyes pierced into his best friend's much darker ones desperately searching for an answer. Still, he received none. There didn't seem to be an ounce of emotion left in his friend, his expression was unreadable. His eyes were dull and seemed to be burning holes into Jahseh's heart every silent second that passed.

The taller male gave Jahseh one last expressionless glare then proceeded to push past him to carry on with his night, which was supposed to be about him.
By a force of habit, Jahseh quickly reached out to grab onto his friends arm to prevent him from walking away from him again.

"Stokeley, I-" The assumes best friend, presumably known as Stokeley, had violently shoved Jahseh off of him pushing him into a corner where people stood to catch him before he could fall.

"Don't fucking touch me. Get out."

Jahseh's heart sank immediately. Though he and his friend weren't on the greatest terms to begin with, he took it upon himself to try and fix things before they got worse. Yet here he was, trying to understand what it was that he had done so wrong to allow the newfound hatred that Stokeley had for him get deeper than it was before. Here he was, trying to understand why his best friend would lie to him.

"Fine," Jahseh said through gritted teeth, shaking off all of the arms that willingly caught him from his fall. "You don't even have the balls to tell me what I did wrong so you constantly decide to do me wrong. You said you were busy, why did you lie?"

Stokeley simply responded with a roll of his eyes. He was growing impatient with Jahseh's ability to be uncooperative.

"I didn't lie, look around you," Stokeley laughed, gesturing towards the interior of the house decorated with streamers and neon lights, the floor littered with cigarette butts and intoxicated teens. "I'm busy, Jah. You should go. Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

The last part had stung. He was unaware of the reason why Stokeley was acting so hostile towards him and the thought of losing him over whatever reason had scared him to the core. He didn't want to lose the one piece of him he had left.