Chapter 38: Tu Buyu (2)

Nan Huairen was only envious, he did not want to become a victim of the Revolving Crescent Sun Merit Law. Everyone knew that cultivating this method would result in a trap, set up by its effect that was impossible to get out of, becoming a piece of trash in the end.

Seeing Nan Huairen's expression, Li Qiye only smiled and didn't say anything else.

***

The next day, Li Qiye woke up early, as usual, to cultivate. However, when he opened the door, he was startled because there was a man standing quietly outside.

It was an old man, around the age of fifty to sixty. He was wearing a robe made out of vines, his face was lean without any facial hair, but his eyes were extremely alive. Although he was old, his back was straight and his spirit was high.

"Senior, good morning!" The old man respectfully clapped his hands when he saw Li Qiye.

"Uh!" Li Qiye didn't know what to say. He was always calm and collective while looking at life, but he was at a loss with the current event. If the boy Nan Huairen called him "senior," it would be acceptable; however, this was an old man, around fifty to sixty years old, respectfully calling a thirteen year old boy like him, "senior"; such a strange thing.

Li Qiye regathered his wit and said: "Elder, you must be mistaken, I am not your senior."

The old man looked around, and turned his gaze back to Li Qiye and asked: "This place is the Prime Disciple's peak?"

"Yes!" Li Qiye truthfully answered. If this old man didn't have such a good spirit, he would think this was an encounter with a mentally ill patient.

"You are the Prime Disciple of our Cleansing Incense Ancient Sect, correct?"

Li Qiye obediently answered honestly again: "Yes, I am Li Qiye."

The old man smiled and formally bowed his head, then said: "Then it is correct. This is your peak and you are the Prime Disciple, which means that you are my senior."

"Uh!" Li Qiye suddenly became silent, he was certain that the old man didn't have the wrong person. But in the end, to have such an old man calling him senior felt very strange and uncomfortable.

"Sorry, sorry, I'm late!" At this time, Nan Huairen breathlessly rushed in from the outside and smiled.

When Nan Huairen arrived, he saw Li Qiye and the old man standing still in front of the door. He coughed awkwardly, then did their introductions: "Big brother, this is second brother. Second brother, this is..."

"I know, he is big brother!" Before Nan Huairen could finish, the old man interrupted him and earnestly replied.

"Uh, nice to meet you, second younger brother!" Li Qiye hesitantly gave out a courteous response.

The old man nodded, revealing a very nice smile, and said: "Senior, this younger brother's name is Tu Buyu. I am also the second disciple of the Sect Master. Since you are the Prime Disciple, you are the eldest brother of all of our third generation disciples."

Seeing his kind smile, Li Qiye's head was shaking. He wanted to yell: Uncle, I am only thirteen years old and you are fifty to sixty years old, please don't play coy in front of me and call yourself "younger brother."

Finally, Li Qiye invited Tu Buyu inside the house, then he dragged Nan Huairen to the side and asked: "What is going on?"

Having a younger brother like this old man, Li Qiye was at a loss for words.

"Uh!" This time, it was Nan Huairen's turn to not know how to answer. It took a while before he calmly responded: "Brother, a couple of days ago, I already told you that second brother was coming back."