Rain

It was 9:30 pm and Taehyung had still not come home. It was raining outside, the clattering of windows echoed through the empty halls of the house. The moonlight shone brightly, casting shadows on the carpeted floor. You pulled your silk robe closer to your body as you walked through the dimly lit pathway.

He was late again.

You tried to calm yourself down, but a gloomy cloud of uncertainty had been settled in your heart. Taehyung had lately been acting very weird. He barely talked to you, always came home late. At times when he came back home, he smelled different, like lavender. You felt that it was absurd to doubt him.

But a week ago you spotted a lipstick mark on the edge of his collar. You ignored it but it had been bothering you since then.

Was he really cheating on you ?

You poured some coffee for yourself and sat beside the window pane and simply stared out. You and Taehyung had been going out for almost a year now. 

You went to the same university as him. He was your senior and he always topped in his class. Your professor assigned Taehyung to be your mentor for an  important project.

You visited his house regularly for the project. While working on the project things started escalating fast and soon you were dating each other.

3 months back you moved into his apartment and lived as his roomate/girlfriend. His house was much better that the university dorm you lived in.

Your phone buzzed. It was a text message from your friend but before you could read it the front door of your house opened and Taehyung came walking in.

He looked pale and his eyes were red like he had been worrying about something. He unbuttoned his coat and placed it on the counter along with his briefcase. You strutted towards him, quietly.

"Taehyung" you said softly.

He looked towards you and without saying a single word he held your wrist and pulled you into a hug. Your face pressed against his chest, awkwardly. He hugged you tighter pulling you tightly against him. You found it difficult to breathe.

Your heart sunk smelling the same lavender smell from his shirt.

You didn't know at this point who to comfort. Yourself or Taehyung.

But you did what you had to do.

You wrapped your hand around him. "What happened babe ?" you said, muffled into his chest.

"Y/n ..." he said, his voice sounded shaky. He broke from the hug, grabbed you by your wrist and walked towards the sofa. You followed him.

He sat down facing you. He looked tensed. Seeing him like this made your heart tremble in anxiety.

"What wrong ?..." You intertwined your fingers in his. He looked down, his gaze fixed to the ground. "Tell me Tae ..." you said, caressing his cheeks.

"I have to tell you something y/n..." he said. Your heart pounded faster as dubious feeling descended in you.

Your phone buzzed in your hand. You glanced at the lock screen and read the text message. You couldn't believe what you read.

Jisoo : I think he's cheating on you. I saw him with a girl few minutes back. 9:37pm

Jisoo : Sent a photo . 9:41pm.

You swiped to unlock your phone and the message screen popped up. Suddenly, your eyes teared up, your heart breaking into a million pieces.