Vladimir's Curiosity

The World Unknown
Vladimir's Curiosity
Chapter Twenty

- Vladimir's Perspective -

________ swallowed hard as she tried to force a smile on her face, "She was in an accident and she died at the hospital." She then reached her arm up as if she were touching something, "She always wore this, her husband gave it to her on their honeymoon and – she gave it to me to remind me of her."

It must have been a necklace she was talking about, though as we finally reached the doors of the library, I felt it only right to say something comforting after everything she opened to me about. "I hope she's real, _______, she sounds nice, and the necklace is also –" I turned to give it a look, but as I did so, I couldn't see a thing.

"She loved the colour green, that's why it's green." She said as she rubbed some invisible object around her neck.

I was speechless, she noticed, "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah, sorry, no, it's nice." I said, still staring at where her fingers were. There was something there, but I couldn't see it. Had she always been wearing it? "Um, can you go on ahead really quick? I'll catch up with you."

"B-But we're only here because YOU lead the way here, Vlad, I don't know what you –" She tried, but I was already sprinting away. I had a prefect to talk to.

It didn't take long before I ended up running into Allistor and Dylan, who was storming beside him with a scowl printed on his face. I grinned as casually as I could as I approached the two, "Allistor, just the red-head in my head, what are you up to?"

"Not now – wait, actually, yeah. I had a question for you. Did you... shoot the flame spell at my brother?" He asked whilst repressing a grin.

"No! Absolutely not! I don't even have a wand!" I protested.

"It's in your hand right now, Vladimir!" Dylan hissed.

We all glanced over at the whitewood wand in my right hand and I felt a cold sweat overtake me, "How did THIS get here?!"

"Innit Bliss's wand?" Allistor asked, raising his brows.

"How'd you guess?" I asked, already giving up on spewing out another lie.

"It's the exact same wand Gage has, but white," he replied, "I took a good look at Gage's wand when I locked it earlier. Ain't no one using that one without me unlocking it first."

"You or a powerful wizard, you mean?"

"Either way, ain't no powerful wizards here yet." He gave a laugh then returned to business, "So anyways, I'm still dealing with research and the others are occupied guarding the halls so if you excuse us."

Dylan looked as if he wasn't going to leave Allistor's side, so impulse took over me. Although I couldn't cast the fire spell on Dylan to get rid of him right now, I still could make him go deaf while I talked to Allistor.

"Silencio," I muttered under my breath after the two walked passed me, Dylan hadn't noticed he was deaf just yet and since we haven't learnt nonverbal magic yet, he wouldn't be able to undo the spell on himself.

"Allistor?" I called.

He looked over his shoulder and Dylan glanced over too, though I was no longer worried about being too discreet.

"Do you know anything about invisible jewelry?"

"I-Invisible jewelry? Why? You looking to fill a quota?" He laughed, meanwhile Dylan seemed to notice something was wrong.