Chapter 7

Being this close to his mate made Derrick perk his head into Axle's thoughts. Derrick wanted to talk to his mate, but the fact that they found her trying to escape the hospital had him growling to make her sure she would not leave.

Axle had pushed Derrick down, but he pushed for control against Derrick, again, when he touched their mate. The sparks that spread from the simple touch, made him want to howl to the world that he had found his mate. 

Slowly, his hand found its way to her long red hair. As Axle was about to take things, probably, too far, for his mate, a nurse came in the room.

Frozen in place at the sight of her alpha with his mate, the nurse quickly left the room, before Axle could grow at her for interrupting them. Releasing his mate with a sigh, he mind linked the pack doctor to let him know that his mate was awake.

"What's your name?" Axle asked his, already, beloved mate.

The question was asked in a low calm voice, meant to calm those around him. A voice that Axle was only used when around his family, or young scared pups.

"L-Lisa, Lisa A-Anderson," she stuttered out, skittish as a wild rabbit coming out of its hole.

A low rumbling growl of possession slipped passed his lips. Lisa. A cute sweet name for his one of a kind mate.

"Well Lisa, I am Axle Black. Welcome to the Blue Moon pack," he said, lifting an outstretched hand for her to take.

She hugged the wall and stayed there firmly. Showing no sign of moving toward him, Axle slowly dropped his hand back down to his side and watched her. The scent of her fear permeated the whole room. Unable to scare her more than he already had, Axle released a breath he hadn't even known he was holding and headed for the door.

Before exiting he turned to look at her. The window was still open allowing a small breeze to enter the room. He mind linked some pack warriors and instructed them to stand guard outside of his little mate's room windows and door. Looking in her eyes he saw fear, but then a glint of sadness passed over them in the stunning bright green of her wolf.

At least he knew he had made a good impression on some part of her. As he opened the door and walked out he met the pack doctor, his sister.

"Hey Katie, take it slow with her. Don't move to fast. She reacts to the slightest of movements and she doesn't trust anyone," he said.

"Don't worry so much Axle, she'll learn to trust. Just give her time. Time is everything," Katie said looking down at his mate's medical chart.

"I know. I just don't know what to do for her."

"You have done all you can. The only one who can make the decision to open up, trust, or even stay in this territory is her. I know it's hard for you but you have to take things slow and be patient around her, okay? I'll take care if health, you take care of her mind and body and tell me about her health." she said quietly.

Sighing loudly, Axle pulled his younger sister into a hug before releasing her so she could take care of his mate. He sat down in a chair beside her door as the guard he ordered to protect the room door arrived.

Sitting out in the hallway he listened to Katie talk to his small mate. And to the movement, as she, no doubt move Lisa across the room back to the bed so she could do her job. All while Katie was talking calmly to a practically silent Lisa.

.