Scene I, Segment III - The Carnival Of Night.

********

*Continuation of the past scenes of "The Carnival Of Night"*

Recap :

Once we reached our destination, I looped my arm around Henry and he carefully led me to the entrance gate of the carnival ground. "The Night City Carnival." I read the large looped banner with the painted letters and saw a man inside a booth at the gate with an irked look yelling, "Two!" and passed two tickets once Henry placed the money at the counter.

Taking the tickets, we entered inside the large and beautiful looking carnival with various rides including the famous large ferris wheel with lights, stalls, gift shops, gaming zones, food court and that particular place where instead of a vendor, a strange machine hand gave out cotton candy and balloons.

********

Continued -
(Unedited)

Rose's POV:

"This is so exciting! Can we go to the cotton candy arm?" I almost squealed in excitement and don't really remember when was the last time I went to a Carnival.

I had visited the human carnivals in Krestochia but now I realise that some of the strange pale beings wandering around the place weren't humans.

Now that I am visiting the Carnival of South Vamparia, this makes sense.

Most of them had red eyes, shimmering in the dark. Some even had crystal purple eyes. As far as I know, the red eyed ones are the commoners, purple eyed ones belong to upper middle class. It wasn't surprising that purple eyed ones were rare in this place. Mostly men.

Henry pulled my arm with him towards the cotton candy hand that gave out the candy sticks if we inserted a coin in the slit at the side of the machine. It looked futuristic and fascinating.

I watched carefully as Henry pulled out two coins out of his pocket and inserted them inside the slit. The machine hand made creaky noises and started the process of cotton candy formation in a large blue tinted fibre glass bowl.

After it was done and me being mesmerized by the way the machine worked, I stepped forward to take the two outputs which were purple colored candies.

I handed one to Henry and took a bite of my own when I realised it was amazing!

At first I tasted bubble gum flavor, then tangy and sugary at the end. The cotton smelt of blue berries. Hats off to whoever invented this machine.

"This is delicious." I commented taking another bite and watched Henry smile charmingly.

"I am glad." He spoke softly before taking me to the ferris wheel. On the way I saw a magic shop which sold out mason jars filled with colored sands and sparkles. I stopped before the shop while Henry proceeded to buy the tickets.

Unable to control the excitement, I picked up a jar with pink dust inside it and carefully examined it, "Welcome to 'Ivy's charms', miss." I looked up at the squeaky voice with politeness that seemed more like sarcasm. To my surprise, there was no one. I looked around when a short and stout man walked from behind the shelf filled with phials of solutions.

"May I know what sort of charm are you looking for, miss?" His red eyes gleamed brightly at me and he splashed a perfect large grin with his fangs.

"Urr.. What does this one do?" Unsure of what exactly a mason jar charm and its types are, I asked him about the pink one in my hands.

"Ah, that. It's a rare charm of seduction, extracted from a plant found in the black mountains. All you need to do is add it to your perfume and a small spray will make all the heads turn." He smiled gracefully and continued, "Thirty pounds."