chapter 11

Hoor's pov

As soon as my in laws left I hurry and went inside my room and lock the door. Because I don't want mom and dad to question, I pray and pray for Allah decision because I don't know if this is the best decision, I don't know if I will be able to keep the promise I made for the rest of my hayaat(life )I don't know if am ready to get married especially to the person I barely know. By the time I finished praying there was a knock on the door.

Sis Hoor ammi is calling downstairs, dinner is ready, ilham said.
Okay, I will be down in some minutes. I said and change into my three quarter and a loose shirt and then went downstairs.

Salam dad ,I said and sit next to mom.
Salam dear how are you and school.
Alhamdullilah everything is fine, and when did you came back? Are not happy to see me?  No day am very happy to see you is just that mom said you have a week or days to come back.i said with my mouth full. Oh the meeting I went for was successful so I came back and check the living room there is your laptop, dad said. Thank you Abba you are the best, I said hugging my dad from the back.

Look nabila,your daughter is getting engaged this Saturday and getting Married in some time and still behaving like a child I wonder how Adil is going to handle this girl. Dad said and both mom,dad and ilham start laughing, but I was not happy because I remember I was going to leave these people, the people that give birth to me, give me a good life, give me anything I asked for but now am going to leave with a guy I don't even know his behavior, the guy who just bump into my car, the guy I made a promise to be with, but just like that he enter my hayaat (life ).

Hoor are you okay? mom bring me back from my thoughts. Huh yea..I ..mean..yes am fine am absolutely fine, am just sleeping I will go sleep goodnight. I said with a fake smile.
But you are not done with your dinner! Mom said. Ammi am fine am not feeling hungry anymore I will just go sleep because I don't want to be late tomorrow for school,I said.

I was in my room checking my new laptop, it is MacBook and is silver in color. It was 11pm and still can't sleep because I was thinking how suddenly my life change I was interrupted with the knock on my door. I was scared who is it at this time? What if it a theif?there was a knock again after the door, I slowly climb down of bed and went to my shoes rag and pick up my heel, really heel preak of being a girl I slowly tiptoe towards the door and hide behind the door and at the same time the door open and I was about to hit the person when a familiar voice called my name.

Mom,dad what are you all doing here at this time you scared the hell out of me I almost got a panic attack??? I ask. We should be asking you that question what are you still doing still not a sleep? Oh um I can't sleep so decide to check my new laptop and study for my upcoming exams.i said. So um what are you guys doing here I said pointing out the two of them. Hoor you're being rude, mom said in a warning voice.   Sorrrry I said and huff the walk toward my bed and sit down .
So we here to talk with you, mom said. Mom,dad talk about what can't you see it already late please go to sleep we will talk about whatever its tomorrow okay, I said because I know what they are going to talk about and am not ready to answer them, but guess what my parents been stubborn deny saying that we are going to talk now and at this time. They take a sit putting me in the middle of them opps this gonna be serious.

Hoor you know that we always love you both you and ilham,but you both know that someday you have to get married and start a new life and also start a family of your own. You know that we are always here for you no matter what and will always respect your decision. So we asking you are you going to be happy with this marriage? After I finish hearing what my mom said I quickly hug her and cried my eyes out. I don't know mom ,I don't know that what I keep asking my self, but like you said some day soon or later we will have to get married because getting married is complete half of our Deen,but I think Adil will be the perfect guy and the one that Allah have chosen for me even though I leave Allah to decide what best for me in the earth and hereafter, I said sobbing. OK but pray your salatul istikara and then you will find your answer but I want to ask you why you answer so suddenly? What now should I tell her that I made a promise, should I tell her that somebody has given his hayaat(life)to me, should I tell her that his mother is dying, hoor am dying please take care of my hayaat, they are the only ones I have, am leaving your world soon or later please marry my son hoor and be his hayaat(life) hoor please don't tell anyone about this. Mom I answer because I want to, but mom if I pray the istikara how will I find the answer?I said cleaning away my tears. Actually some people dream and if it a good idea you will see and if  it a bad idea you will see, while some people see signs, mom said.
Okay ammi I will pray and then I will go to sleep. Goodnight dad . goodnight dear now pray and then go to sleep you have school tomorrow. Dad said and I nodded. By that time the time was 12 am,I went and perform my ablution and pray two nafeelat and raised my hand to ask Allah to decide the best for me and then drift to sleep.