Ch. 3 | Better Together

Never in my life, I would have thought that I'd end up in a girl group. This wasn't planned at all but I'm glad it happened.

That really helped me become more confident and rock that performance, cause every time I made a mistake while singing, one of the girls immediately started singing back up to support me so no one noticed my mistakes, we just had that connection since our first time singing together.

But that connection wasn't only on stage, we understood each other really good since day one, we weren't just five random girls anymore, we were one group.

There I kind of became the person that I wanted to be. In interviews, I was super goofy and confident. I look at videos of myself from the first performance, and I'm winking and pointing.

I was dying inside, literally, my hands were shaky, my voice would be flat all over, but I was like, I just have to just go for it.

The girls also did the same since we all were in the same position and we had to go through this together. I'm so glad we got along so great since the beginning.

I still remember when we first went backstage, introducing ourselves right after Simon Cowell told us that we're going to stay, as a group, ...

> flashback: backstage after the announcement <

"You are all together, as you are invited to the judges' houses."

I still couldn't believe what just happened, the judges really decided to give us a chance! Us... I stood backstage with those girls, hugging each other and shaking because of excitement. But, who are they?

I looked up to see their excited faces, tears of disappointment were replaced by tears of pure happiness. We were there, standing all together and breathing out, that feeling of release after that announcement was great.

"Guys, I can't believe we're still here! Oh, by the way, I'm Ally Brooke and I'm probably the oldest one of us!", the shortest girl said while laughing.

"Well, you maybe won't believe it, but I'm probably the youngest!", the tallest girl that was standing next to Ally said, and then continued, "My name is Dinah Jane, DJ for you!"

Then the dark-skinned girl said, "I'm Normani but Y'all probably know it already since we got introduced by the producers.", which made us all laugh because we literally got called out by our names a few minutes ago, but introducing ourselves to each other just made this more personal.

"We'll call u Mani from now on!", the green-eyed girl next to me said, she then continued, "I'm Lauren and I'm from Miami."

She then turns to me, smiles and says, "I assume that you are from Miami too since we were at the same airport and even in the same plane."

For some reason, I started blushing because of that adorable green-eyed girl that goes by the beautiful name Lauren.

she had such a mature voice already and I kept wondering why we never met till now even though we were both from Miami, she probably lives on the other side of the city.

"Yeah, that's right! I'm Camila by the way.", I responded shyly and couldn't wait to get to know them.
...

> back to the story <

Spending the next four years together was a roller coaster.

From the time where we got to know each other, where we spend hours singing and dancing together, writing together, spending so much time together, even sharing bedrooms together, to the times where we had fought and ignored each other.