2

"2.1.4.73 Housing: As a Personal Assistant, you will be expected to live in Mr. Emery's Penthouse as to better serve him."

My apartment looked like something exploded. Unfortunately, that went hand in hand with packing. Lacy showed up early since she had a key and started without me.

"Hey Nat," she called as the door closed, her voice almost lost to the clutter. "How'd it go?"

"I got the job."

"You what?" Her head comically popped around the corner.

Lacy was pretty in an earthy way. Her sun highlighted mahogany waves were pulled over her shoulder in a messy braid, her eyes were chocolate brown, and her skin deeply tan.

"Four hours of interviews. One tense meeting with Mr. Aidan Emery, who is crazy hot by the way. One NDA and one employment contract later, you're looking at an employed and only mildly annoyed woman."

"That bad?"

"I'd love to tell you, but I think that falls under the NDA." I smirked, setting my purse on the table.

"Rumor has it he throws kinky sex parties with all sorts of fun debauchery."

"After meeting the guy I highly doubt it. He's so cold, fucking him would be like doing it with a popsicle." I opened the fridge pulling out my celebratory bottle of wine as Lacy laughed.

"So, is he as sexy as his pictures?"

"Oh yeah, he's hot as hell. But one look at his office you can tell he has issues with a big fat capital I in bold. But I can't say any more: NDA." I poured two glasses of the chilled pink Moscato.

"Boo. Hiss," she teased as I brought her the wine.

We drank and packed until just after midnight.

The next day the movers arrived just after eight. By eleven I was unpacking things in my new room. The sad part, everything from my old place fit with room to spare in my new bedroom with its wonderful view of the city. Having never been in a penthouse before I allowed myself a few moments of gazing out over the flashing lights of cars on the street below. It was darkly overcast, and rain threatened.

A knock on the door frame coaxed a gasp from me. I whipped around to find Mr. Emery standing there in a charcoal gray suit with a silver tie that made his eyes appear colder. Again, there was something in his gaze that suddenly made me feel like I should have worn something more. I shifted uncomfortably and smoothed my dust smeared tank top.

"Your corporate issued computer, tablet, laptop, and phone are on the coffee table in the living room."

"Thanks."

"Did you read over the handbook?"

"Yes, Sir."

Why did I just call him Sir? He's not my Sir. Though maybe I'm just being polite. Yeah, I'm just being courteous and formal that's all.

"Good. Tonight I'm going out, should I return with company please follow the guidelines in the book. The first time is usually somewhat awkward for my PAs. But whatever guest I have shouldn't bother you. You'll have the run of the lower level. We'll keep to the second floor."

"The secret second floor," I murmured under my breath.

"The help stays on the first level. I'd give you the tour, but unfortunately I have a meeting to prepare for." His eyes flit over me, a chill ran down my spine causing my nipples to harden against the thin soft fabric of my tank top. The corners of his lips twitched hinting at a repressed smile. "Remember to reread that portion."