• a chilly introduction •

I look around outside to see if I can find him but he didn't show up. The air around me became cold and I felt a chill up my spine. Suddenly someone tapped my shoulder. I quickly turn around and fall back onto my window seat.

It was the same boy outside of my window. My mouth went dry and my heart began to race. I swallowed a lump in my throat and struggled to collect my thoughts.

"Y-you're a ghost!" I pointed my finger shakily at the boy. I blinked and rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Clearly, it wasn't a dream.

At this point, my parents arguing became muffled background noise. All I could think about is this ghost boy.

"Well since you're in my room can you introduce yourself?" I managed to slow down my breathing but I was fairly creeped out from this boy staring at me.

"Oh, sorry. I'm Jimin, Park Jimin to be exact." He stuck out his pale hand and smiled.

Since when have ghosts been THIS nice?

I slowly stuck out my shivering hand to shake his. Cold. His hand felt of ice, as if he was in the Arctic. But at the same time it was soft.

"So Jimin..." I cleared my throat and slowly shifted in my seat. "Why are you here..? And more importantly, how am I able to see you?"

Jimin sat down next to me and I scooted away as far as possible.

He may be cute but he's still a ghost.

"Some people are able to see ghosts I guess. I'm not entirely sure how but maybe you're special." Jimin scooted closer to me.

"But you have no reason to be afraid, I won't hurt you." Jimin smiled and stroked my hair behind my ear. I felt my face heat up instantly so I turned away.

Who would've thought the first boy to flirt with me would be a ghost?

"This is kind of awkward. I never caught your name." Jimin said and gazed in my direction.

"Y/N. My name is Y/N..." I stared at my hands in my lap, occasionally playing with my thumbs.

"That's a cute name. It suits you." Jimin softly said. Oddly enough, I felt comfortable next to him. I felt like I could talk to him with no problems.

"You still haven't answered my question. Why are you here?" I slightly tilted my head to the side.

"Well, I'm not supposed to be here actually. I have unfinished business. Before I can rest peacefully."

Unfinished business...? What does any of this mean? All of this is so confusing. I mean, my parents were just arguing a moment ago and now I have a cute ghost boy in my room.

"What do mean by 'unfinished business?" I rose my eyebrow. Jimin sighed and shifted his gaze to the ground.

Crap, did I already offend him? Did I screw up my chances of having a boyfriend?

"S-sorry... I guess I shouldn't have asked. Let's talk about something else." I gave him a small smile. Jimin slightly smiled back but it was quickly replaced with discomfort.

"What's wrong Jimin?" I looked at him with concern.

"I just wanted to know why those people were arguing downstairs... If you don't want to talk about it then I won't pressure you." Jimin said hesitantly.

Perhaps this is why he showed up. It was destined for me to find him standing outside. I guess I finally have someone to talk to about my problems.

Edit: I wasn't expecting people to actually read this story. Thanks for the reads even though it's a small amount! 💜