Chapter 27

Bukkoroli: Well, we'll resume our security patrol. 

Bukkaoroli stated as he stepped away from the group, then the three Crimson Demons gathered and started a chant.

C.D.s: Goodbye then!

After casting the spell Bukkoroli's group vanished.

(Y/N): And they're gone... Cool, it's not like we needed to ask questions.

Kazuma: These guys are really cool! They're like a group of combat experts!

Megumin: Is that so? The four of them must be smiling gleefully after hearing that.

Megumin states while still being supported by you.

Kazuma: ...Nearby? Didn't they leave via teleport?

This time Yunyun spoke up.

Yunyun: They turned invisible by using light refraction. Teleport consumes a lot of mana, so they'll run out if they use it so frequently after a battle. I think they just wanted to show off a cool exit... Ouch!

A pebble suddenly came flying past the place the Crimson Demons were standing at and hit Yunyun in the head, cutting her sentence short.

(Y/N): Guess they don't want you giving away the secrets, huh?

Megumin: On a side note, light refraction magic deploys a barrier a few meters around a specific person or object, obscuring the view of the inside of the barrier from the outside... And so, you can see them if you go nearer.

Aqua silently took a step forward after Megumin's casual explanation.

???: ...!

Something backed away with a gasp as Aqua stood still after hearing the gasp. After a moment of silence, she suddenly charged forward. As she ran the sound of multiple footsteps could be heard running away. Aqua was soon joined by Remilia and Flandre who chased the invisible people as well.

(Y/N): Have fun Aqua! Keep those two safe! Anyway, we should head t your house Yunyun. Let's see what's happening.

The group nodded as you all left Aqua to her fun and started heading towards Yunyun's house. As you walked you were soon rejoined by Aqua and your sisters who must have gotten bored.

Aqua: Say, these guys are really something. I can't catch them even with my speed.

Remilia: Yeah! They're really fast!

(Y/N): Really? That's surprising.

Megumin: They ran away by doping with body strengthening magic. I don't think that group of NEETs who laze around at home would have such stamina.

Kazuma: ... NEET group? No, aren't they the anti-Demon King's army guerrilla unit? They left because they have to perform patrols.

In response to Kazuma's inquiry.

Megumin: They're idle people who can't leave their parents or find jobs. If they go to other cities as adventurers, they would be in high demand, but they refuse to leave the village. Idling around all day with nothing to do, in order to not let others think they were just lazing around, they claim to be the anti-Demon King's army guerrilla unit and wander around the vicinity of the village.

Yunyun: All Crimson Demons can learn advanced magic in adulthood. Everyone in the village is an Archmage. After learning advanced magic, we'll master all kinds of spells with the skill points we earned. This is common sense...

She said as she glanced at Megumin. Megumin ignored her gaze as if this had nothing to do with her, looking around the home village she was so familiar with. The home of the Crimson Demons was a village-sized settlement. The faces of the residents weren't tense at all. Maybe it was because of the gentle spring sun, as there were people yawning casually. To be frank, it didn't seem like they were fighting with the Demon King...