Introduction

Alchohol. The house stank of it. All I could see were blurry figures, maybe a few faces, I don't really remember much.

After the house party I drove to the old bar that my parents had gotten married at. I was hammered and really shouldn't have driving, but I made it there in one piece. There was a man standing in the middle of the intersection; I couldn't quite make out the face. It was odd, but of course I thought nothing of it at the time and simply waited for him to move. Once he'd gone inside, I pulled into what I now hope was a parking spot and got out, noticing the pretty yellow flowers that were always there.

I walked inside, and as usual, Ben was there, although he was acting stranger than usual. Like someone had peed in his beer. The sight of his dark, yet handsome face was comforting as he greeted me with a slight wave.

"Andy, how many have you had tonight?" Sandra, the barista, asked me. I grinned. She didn't like it when I drank, I tended to get a little more...adventurous. I noticed a well dressed man walk into the bar. He stood out because he obviously had money and no one else there did. He looked in my direction and began to make his way over to me.

"Hello, darling. How are you?" British. Clearly british.

"Aren't you a little old for her." Sandra hissed.

"I was mearly being sociable." God his accent was killing me. There was something about him that just made me want to... Like I said, adventurous.

"It's cool Sandra, I'm a big girl I can take care of myself." I managed to push the words out without a single stumble. I sat at a table with my mystery man and we talked about nothing in particular, then he said something a little odd.

"Do you have anything that you want in life? Anything at all?"

"Not really, nothing that I will ever get anyway." I responded. He leaned back in his chair.

"If you could have anything you wanted, what would it be." I pondered his question for a moment. What did I want most in life? A nice house? Not really. A sexy car? I guess. Happiness? Hmm...

"Someone who lets me do whatever I want, whenever I want, and how ever I want." I smirked. He went silent for a moment.

"What would you do for a chance at that?" He questioned innocently.

I stood up violently and looked him dead in the face, " Do you think I'm a whore or something?!" I yelled. His eyes widened. I stormed off to my car, and got in. My foot wouldn't hit the gas. I sat there in my seat and fought back drunken tears as I stared out the window. I finally brought my foot down. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the man staring at me as I drove away.