Chapter 2: Airport

I was already in Omaha, and I was immediately cold when I got off the plane. My mom told me to get warm clothes, but I didn't listen to her because I was pissed at her.

  When she dropped me off at the airport she was sobbing, but I didn't care, I knew the tears were fake. If she really cared she wouldn't make me live 17 hours away from her.

  She's the bitch making me live with my pathetic father. I have a lot of bad memories being with my dad, and she doesn't even know any of them, because she was and is too caught up in her fucking love life. She never gave a damn about me that's why she's making me live with my dad. She is trying to get rid of me she always has been but now she is really able to.

It's really no point though because he doesn't care about me either, that's one reason I have bad memories with him. That and all the other shit that has happened when I used to visit him. I find my luggage and start to look for my dad.
    I mean, I could just run away and they would never find me, they wouldn't even try to find me. I mean I just turned 17, but then again I don't have any money. I have had many thoughts of running away, but I need to get a job and start saving up. Then I will be able to run and never look back, maybe even leave the country, I mean a girls got to dream right.

   As I'm looking around for him my phones starts to buzz, 'sorry I can't pick you up sweetie I'm at work and too much is going on. You know how the hospital is.' He texts. 'But, I have someone else who is going to pick you up 😉 love you and I'll see you tonight ❤️.' 

  Great I'm in an airport by myself and have no fucking clue where this or who this person is. As I start to walk to the doors that lead to outside, someone wraps their arms around me from behind, and they bring one of their hands to my mouth.
    Panic rushes through me, I start struggling trying to get others attention so they know I'm being kidnapped but no one looks in my direction. The person behind me laughs, the person leans into my ear and whispers, "miss me?" I stop struggling because I know that voice anywhere.

   As soon as I turn around I am greeted by a smirk from childhood crush, which ends up putting a smile on my face. "Jacob!" I squeal, as I jump up into his arms and give him the biggest hug I can. I would've never of thought he'd be the one to come and pick me up, I would've thought it would be his dad Billy, my dad's best friend. His embrace is warm which makes me want to snuggle up closer to him.

   He lets go of me and looks me in the eye and says, "surprise." A blush creeps up on my cheeks, "I can't believe you're here. I thought one of my dads friends would've picked me up." I rejoiced. "Not happy to see me Bella?" He remarked, as he said that he placed a hand over his heart and pretended to cry. "You know I'm always happy to see you" I smile.

"So are we going to go to my dads or are we just going to stand here and look like idiots." I say to try and hide the blush but it just grows even more, "yea let's go." He grabs my bags from me and leads me out the door, as we approach his car I notice that it's a old red pickup truck. Marks all over it with dents and scratches, it looked like a truck you would pick up at a junkyard.

  "Nice ride." I joke. "It does its purpose it doesn't have to be fancy." He stated.
He puts my suitcase in the bed of the truck and comes over to open the door for me, I say a thank you and I start blushing again, as he jogs over to his side. Thank god it's so cold, so hopefully he won't be able to tell that I'm blushing and the cold will cover it up. He gets in and we drive off, I don't know why but I'm tired again, as I'm about to let sleep consume me I hear him whisper,

"You're finally home."

40 minutes later:
The Music is slightly playing in the background, and it's snowing outside, not very hard, but then not slightly either it seems as if it going to pick up speed any minute. All I can see is corn fields for miles and miles, it's not much different from Arizona, but at least they had something to do and look at. A yawn escaped my mouth, which made jacob turn my way. "Hi." I mumbled. A chuckle came from him, "hi, how was you nap?"

  "Good, I was surprised that I was still tired, I slept on the way to the airport when my mom dropped me off." I reply yawning again. "It's the cold weather that has you tired and you are probably jet lagged." He responded. "How Bella how have you been? What's been going on in your life, since we last saw each other which was what 8 years ago." He says eagerly.

  "Well not much, boring old life. Trying to get through life day by day, school has been good I guess, besides the sleazy boys trying to get in my pants." I see him tense up, and grip onto the stirring wheel tighter, but I decide to ignore it and continue to talk. "I still have my best friend Nikki." I sniffle. For some reason it got colder and I found myself shivering, "do you have a blanket?" "Yes sorry I didn't realize you were cold."

"Once he hands me the blanket I notice that we are in a familiar neighborhood, then I see it the house that holds my dark past. Well I guess home sweet fucking home.