Chapter 3: In time

Jacobs POV: 8 years ago
"Catch me if you can." She laughs.

She takes off running, which makes no sense because she knows I will always catch her. For some reason though this time I want to give her a head start, and I do.

I wait until she's about 30 feet away, and right as she's about to turn around to see if I'm chasing her, I take off. She squeals, and continues to move her little legs, even though we are only nine I'm by far taller, faster, and stronger than her.

It's only because, I'm a werewolf but, she doesn't know that. She won't even be able to find out about the supernatural world until she's much older. I imprinted on her, meaning we are mates, bounded together until we die, even if one of us dies before the other we are still bonded. If she were to die first and I lived for a few months I would probably die from depression.

  There are not many wolves who live long after there mate dies, but there are some wolves. The sad part about imprinting on her is that she might not ever love me back, which is unlikely because, usually both mates love each other. Though it is completely different with the mundane world. Which is upsetting because, she's the love of my life.

  My dad, Billy, tried telling her parents that I imprinted on her but, they wouldn't listen. They don't care for or about her that much, so my family and I usually take care of her. Which doesn't bother me at all since I love her. It might seem weird that a nine year old is in love, but werewolves can imprint at any age and they instantly fall in love.

Just as she's about to look back again, I catch her. Her Giggles fill my ears and we both fall to the ground, her giggling and me laughing.

After she calms down she turns to me, and asks, "we'll always be best friends right?"

  Without hesitation I reply, "of course. I promise, no matter if you move or not I will never forget you, and I will always wait for you to come back, you are my best friend—." I stop myself because I almost said she's the love of my life.

  "I needed that." I hear her say.

  "I will always be here for you."

  "Always?"

  "Always."

  The present:

So from that day I never forgot her, she moved a month later, I still have upheld my promise. It's been eight fucking years and I haven't seen her or heard her voice, when I tried called her house phone her mom told me to leave her alone.

My wolf aches he hasn't been with his mate, but most importantly he's scared she's going to leave again. He just got her back, and he's not willing to give her up so easily this time.

I glance at her from he corner of my eyes, she seems taken aback.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing I'm fine."

"No you're not. I know you Bella do you not remember the promise I made you when we were nine?"

"Yea, you told me you would always be here for me."

"Exactly, now please tell me what's going on."

"I'm scared to go in there. The terrible things that happened in this house, I'm afraid they are  going to happen again. Or I'm scared worse things will happen, even though I don't think that can happen. I hate my dad and my mom they don't give a damn about me! They never have! I have to live with this bastard for 2 years until I can leave." She shouts.

"Hey Bella calm down." I place my hand on hers and she looks at me. "You can just stay with my family and I you know they won't mind." Even though that's a lie I live on my own now, but she doesn't need to know that yet.

"I can't you and your family already took care of me most my life—."

"I want you to stay with us." I cut her off. "Plus we have an extra room it will be perfect."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm always sure when it comes to you."

"Always?"

"Always."

A smile is placed on my lips when I realize she never forgot about me, and she didn't forget our word. I turn to look at her as I drive off to my house, and realize she is smiling too.

Hey readers how are you liking the story? Tell me in the comment or private message on Wattpad.

Comment, like, vote, recommend.

Bye for now 🤪