Chapter 2

A/N: The music above is what i was listening to while writing this chapter. Also picture Zula's singing as the scene of ursula singing in "Once Upon A Time".

Zularoa POV:

"Moina, how was that?" Her soft giggle came from behind the bar. "That was perfect, he looks so in awe." I risked a quick peek. "I mean he bought me a drink." I snorted. "Time for me to get to work." I walked around the room swaying my hips and felt hands try to grab me. I knew when I started singing the pervy hands would leave me alone. I knew that when I started singing I would almost completely black out so I took one last look at the Pirate Captain. He was still watching me waiting for what was going to happen. I heard the music start playing and started singing.

"I'll tell you a tale of the bottomless blue

And it's hey to the starboard, Heave-Ho

Brave sailor, beware, cause a big' uns a-brewin

In mysterious fathoms below

Heave-Ho

I'll sing you a song of the King of the Sea

An' it's hey to the starboard, Heave-Ho

The ruler of all of the oceans is he

In mysterious fathoms below

Fathoms below, below

From whence wayward westerlies blow

Where Triton is King

And his merpeople sing

In mysterious fathoms below"

The song ended and the thoughts of the ocean I missed so dearly left my head. The clinking of coins being thrown my way was all I could hear as I started swaying. "Moina! Help me, I'm gonna fall over!" Her feet pounded against the rotting wooden planks as she raced to grab me before I fell. "Thank you, Moina" she nodded. Moina went behind the bar and got me some rum. "You are the best." Her face lit up in a grin. "I know." She joked.

Elwell POV: 

Her singing faded away and all you could hear was the clinking sound of coins being thrown by drunk men. "Capn', lookin' a bit flushed ain't he boys." Osred's deep laugh sounded from next to me. I turned and glared at him. "She, is amazing." The sound of a laugh came from near by and I knew it was directed to my comment. "Hello, boys my name is Illelyn." "My name is Elwell." "Ah, Wielder of Steel." I gazed at her in astonishment. She knew my language. "Well, I own this tavern and she goes by Zula, I guess the name fits her, she loves the sea." "I know she got us to buy her a drink." her laugh echoed through the tavern. "She does that to every pirate crew because she wants to see if they will take her with them, what did you order because thats how she knows?" "I got her wine." She laughed again. "She knows you would treat her as a weak woman. Does she look weak to you?" 

I looked over at Zula and saw her dancing to the music the bard was playing. She was jumping around with a carefree expression on her face. She looked like she was at a festival not dancing inside a dingy dark tavern. I would love to see her dancing on my ship. "She always looks happier when there is music being played and water under her feet." She stared with a look of pity at Zula. "She hasn't been to the ocean in a while." Illelyn's footsteps were loud in my head as I thought of what she said. I gazed at Zula with a wistful look on my face. "I wish we could bring her with us." My crew instantly disagreed. I heard choruses of "We can't have a lady on board don't matter how pretty she be" and "It's bad luck Capn' Sir" in every ear. It drowned all my desires and numbed my senses.