Chapter 5: DC's goal?

Based on Chapter 186 of the Rave Master manga series by Hiro Mashima.

Last time: The pair just smirked as they removed their helmets to reveal...

-Mia's POV-

"Let!" Haru exclaimed as the helmet clunked on the gravel. The man who Haru was referring to was tall with spiky grey hair, the women beside him looked the same age with long blonde hair.

"Who's she?" Elie chimed in, the women turned towards us.

"My name is Julia, nice to meet you." she said, she was beautiful!

"Drake Rhapsody were Let and Julia, poyo?!" Ruby exclaimed, I could see that these people were obviously friends but I was as confused a Shuda who had never met them either. When the DC solders realised who the two were the went running for the hills.

"hehe... Long time no see." Let said directing it at Haru. Wow, he was so cool and collected.

"You jerk! How dare you trick me!" Haru laughed pretending to be angry, but it didn't last for long as let strayed joking about how he hadn't seen through such a low level disguise.

Then I over heard the conversation with Elie and Julia and was surprised to find that both Let and Julia were Dragon Race, that explained the bare hand fighting and inhuman dancing skills.

"You're Dragon Race? Wow, I've never met one before." I exclaimed, Julia gave me a smile when she didn't have to correct me. Dragon Race get annoyed when people call ten Human.

"Yes, we are. Who might you be? Let never mentioned you." she asked, Elie took the opportunity to introduce the three members of the group who hadn't met the dragons.

"This is Mia, Shuda and Rosemary." she listed off pointing to each of us, and I finally learned the name of the old man with the wacky hats!

"Well, thanks for saving us!" Haru said still wearing a huge grin.

"Welcome back!" Elie said and did a 'High School Musical' type jump. I still felt like we were missing something because Musica hadn't turned up.

"The second wave of Demon Card should be coming soon." Julia said, getting serious. Kya, she is so cool! "We might cause casualties in the village if we fight here but we need to take care of Julius first." she said.

"That's smart!" Haru said, "After we take are of the leader the troops should retreat." it was a good plan, I loved the team work that Haru and his friends had it was like they bounced off of each other.

Not wanting to be left out I chimed in, "He should still be in the village!" Julia told us to go ahead and that she would find us with her nose... weird.

I sheathed my sword as we ran through the now empty streets of Ribeyla until we came across the weedy guy from the dance contest. He had taken belonging from villagers houses and was throwing it around the streets.

"BRANCH!" Haru made a b-line for guy. Branch? Sounded like a Garage Island name... "You've done it now!" Haru yelled, once he had reached him, he grabbed Branch's collar along with a another person.

"Where is Julius?!" He and the second person said in unison.

"Musica!" I exclaimed when I noticed who the second person was. "Where have you been?!" I shouted suddenly realising he had ditched us this entire time.

"Huh?! Why is Let here?!" he shouted when he saw his old friend standing casually with his arms folded over his chest. He totally ignored me...

Haru left no time for explanation as he gripped Branch's collar one again, "Branch! Tell me where Julius is right now!" he yelled, I'd never seen him this angry and if also never seen such a cry baby DC member.

Branch withered in Haru's grasp but managed to blubber out, "Please... don't kill me... he's in room 405... over there." he pointed towards a local hotel.

We ran straight there and I didn't hesitate to kick down the door, allowing Haru, Musica and Let to see the scene before us.

A girl with her pink hair in two plats was standing with a gun to Julius's head as he sat on a chair with his back to the door.

I entered the room after the three guys and Shuda stayed in the door way, Elie had gone to change and get her Tonfa Blasters.

"Aren't you Branch's... Aren't you from DC?" Haru asked a little confused.

"She's nor Branch's girl or DC, she's an assassin sent to kill Julius." Musica said, how did he know all this? Was this why he had wandered off for so long earlier?

"I'm from the military." She confirmed with a look of deadly determination on her face. It all made sense now, the military was a group that forcefully took back land that DC had taken over.

But, unfortunately for her, killing wasn't how I rolled. Not after the war in which so many died, so I stood with my hand on the hilt of my sword ready to jump into action.

"Julius dying here would be less work for you, right?" she said in a cold tone.

Shuda stepped forward, "No, back away... he's acting weird." he said, his hand also moving to the hilt of hd katana.

"He's afraid to die! Duh!" The girl insisted, no that wasn't it. No Oracien Six general would be afraid of death, what was he doing?

"There's no need to kill him, making DC retreat is enough," Haru said calmly,"fighting is a last resort, killing him would make you no different than them." I swear the kid was like an angel.

"Naive!" the girl shouted getting more and more wound up, "Taking his life can easily make the troops retreat! Understand?!"

"Stop it!" I shouted out, seeing there was no reasoning with her, "You're doing the same as them!"

"Don't compare them to me?!" she yelled as she readied the gun with a small sharp click, "You disappoint me! How can you goon like this?! Give it up!"

Suddenly she was flattened by Haru, Musica snatched her gun and snapped the tip clean in half.

"I'n the one whose disappointed! Life is not worthless, don't think that violence is the answer to everything!" Haru shouted at the girl pinned beneath him. He was obviously very passionate about this and right so for a Rave Master.

"Don't worry we won't kill him, but we will find a way to defeat him." Musica said with his signature smirk. I took over on restraining the girl and sat her against the wall in the corner.

Haru told Julius to make his men retreat but he was playing deaf and wouldn't answer. Suddenly the door burst open, Elie and Julia walked in, "We're here!" Elie said with her red Tonfa Blasters already out and ready to fire.

"Let! Who is this girl?!" Julia shouted pointing at the assassin. Let jut looked confuse and a tiny bit scared.

Julius took this time to stand and speak, even if he did look and sound miserable, "It wasn't me, I didn't make the orders." he said.

"What?" it utterly confused me, if it wasn't him then who else did?

"The attackers are form another division, I didn't know anything about this." he explained, none of us believed him until the radio on the table crackled to life, a voice saying that it was Division 25 of the Blue Guardians.

"We heard reports that the Etherion girl is in Ribeyla." the voice said through the static, "Our goal, is to capture the Etherion girl."

"No way..." I breathed out, suddenly it was a whole new ball game.