Chapter 1

Authors Note:

This is my first Chicago Fire fan fiction. All rights reserved to the characters and the show of Chicago fire created by Dick Wolf.

The story will begin in season 3 where Kelly Severide and Stella Kidd first met at the Fire Academy.

The story will then take a jump season 4x15 where Stella and Kelly meet again.

I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as I will. xoxo

-Diane_29_

Social Media: Chicago_fire._

------------------

Kelly's P.O.V

It's another day here in The Windy City of Chicago. Chief called bright and early this morning telling me that I have been requested to teach an Arson Investigating class at the Fire Academy. Lot's of things have happened in my life since Shay died. Things haven't been the same, and I don't think they'll ever be the same. I'm just trying to make it through the day like I've been doing everyday . As I arrive at the academy I get out of my car and notice Dawson walking in a quick pace to the academy.

"Hey , Dawson , didn't think i'd see you here so early in the morning at the academy " I say joking knowing that she's running a bit late

"What are you doing at the academy today severide?" I open the door letting us both into the building.

"chief called me this morning saying that I've been requested to teach an Arson Investigation class"

"I had a feeling that'd be you" Dawson replied heading up to the locker room.

"see you around Dawson"

Stella's P.O.V

"Hey girl, how ya doin" I say to Dawson as I see her walk into the locker room in a rush

"what's up Kidd, how ya doing"

"Great! Good" I try to say as realistic as possible

"Thats good , lets get down fast we have a class were running late to" Dawson says with a grin

How am I supposed to be doing when my husband Grant showed up high like a kite, and drunk last night like he's been doing for the past few weeks. I'm just really glad my life turned around when I got into that huge care accident that killed one of my closest friends. That's the day I decided I was going to join the CFD (Chicago Fire department) and make sure I try to save as much people as possible.

"What are you thinking about " Dawson said jokingly

"was I really thinking that hard" , I say back "well I'm thinking about how to spot these criminals that set Chicago up on fire"I finally say"

"Good , you better be because we're 5 minutes late"

"oh shit , I didn't notice we were this late" I say as I pull the door open so we can get in.

"DAWSON, KIDD do I need to separate you two again?" chief walker says.

" uh , no sir we apologize for coming In late" I say nervous

"sorry chief won't happen again" Dawson adds taking a seat next to me

As I look up I see the chief introduce us to the person whose going to teach this class

"This is Lieutenant Kelly Severide , he is here from fire house 51 , and he is one of the best Arson Investigators this city has seen, he deserves your 100% undivided attention.

I look up and see him starting at me, and all of the sudden I felt my face turning red, wow he is really handsome , I can't help not to look at him. I mentally slap myself remembering that I'm married and my husband needs all the help he can possibly get to help to get rid of his addiction. This is going to be a long 2 hours

Kelly's P.O.V

I see Dawson walk in with someone , I can't help but stare at her. As the chief introduces me I introduced myself to the class and begin the lesson with some basics of the arson investigating.

As the class goes by the first hour I begin to call on potential Candidates to answer some of my questions.

"where does an Arson investigation start? How do you realize and see that the fire can be caused by someone? " I ask hoping that that the friend that walked in with Dawson answer's.

I see a couple people raised their hands , out of no where I find myself asking and pointing at Dawson's friend telling her to answer the question I had asked a minute earlier.

"well uh , you can see everything from the initiation point where the fire first started, with that you can see what potential causes caused the fire to start, and see if arson was one of those reasons" she answered confidently

"looks like someone did their homework"I say with a smirk " you here that , thats the answer I wanted hear , What's your name ?"

"Stella . Stella Kidd "

"Glad your here in the academy , I see so much potential in you"

"Thanks lieutenant" she responded

As soon as class ended I see Dawson approaching me with a huge grin on her face

"you were totally flirting with her" she says with a huge grin

"I was teaching a class" , I say exaggerating a little with my excuse , "hey do you need a ride to the firehouse?" I say to Dawson

"yeah , that would be great , that way I wont have to order an uber she said elbowing me softly"

Today wasn't that bad at all, its Been the first day in months where I've at least smiled more than once. I hope it continues to be that way. Dawson gets inside the car and I make sure to turn on the heater since It was really cold. The ride back to the Fire house wasn't that bad at all. Dawson and I spent the entire ride back talking about arson.
I hope I get invited to the academy more often.