Chapter 7

Chief Boden:

"There's days where I really dislike my job,
when a fire takes one of my men's lives, when we work like hell to save a life and then they don't end up making it. Or when people don't make it out of the fire in time before a building collapses. Then there's also days where I love my job , when my firehouse saves the lives of plenty people, or when we put of the most vicious fires , or when my men and women get recognized for the valor and bravery. Today is one of the days where I Love my job, when one of my firefighters is recognized. Stella Kidd , I am proud to present this medal to you , for your bravery, and your overall love for firefighting, and most importantly for saving that young babies life , when you saw no exit , you made one , when you thought there was no solution, you made one."

I see Stella walk up the stairs with some tears in her eyes , but she deserves the medal , and it's something I'm always proud to do for my
firehouse.

Sometimes I think I'm not that good of a leader , but when I see my Men and Women putting their life on the line to save someone , it makes me feel like I'm doing my job right. It makes me proud to be their chief.

Kelly's P.O.V

I'm clapping my hands as loud as I can. Stella is an amazing firefighter, and a sexy one too. I loose my train of thought and immediately focus on chiefs words. He has a point , this job does have its good days , and it's bad days. But as long as Stella stays in 51 all bad days , will be turned into good days with the smile she gives
Me. I'm still pretty terrified at the fact that she makes me feel something that no other women has. And when we kissed in my office , man oh man , I swear it feels like I've never kissed anyone in my life before. Every kiss felt like the first , that's how her kisses felt against my lip. We still haven't talked about the situation but, i definitely want to continue doing it. Do I want a relationship with her? "Ceremony is done Severide , you can stop clapping now" says Dawson whispering in my ear. I notice that Stella dropped her medal she just received in the floor by accident when she took off her jacket , I run as soon as I can and pick it up. I'm walking to her direction , trying to figure out what to say next.

Stella's P.O.V

I'm heading to the locker rooms so I can grab my bag with my clothes in it and head out for the day , it's been a good long day for me. One that I'm sure I'll never forget. Dawson walks up to me and sees that I'm getting ready to pack up and leave. "Hey were all gonna go down to Molly's tonight to grab some drinks , would you wanna go. Drinks are on me" she says I open my mouth to say something when she says "never mind , I'll leave you too alone, wouldn't want to ruin what was about to happen last time" she said walking away with a wink. At this point I'm completely lost until I turn around and see kelly standing right behind me. His smile nearly makes my heart skip a beat. "Hey , you dropped this outside , I thought you might wanted it back". He said with a huge grin. I see that he's holding that medal , I just received 30 minutes how did I loose it so fast. "What the , how'd you get that , I swear I never left my sight on that medal." I say trying to ignore the fact that his smile is making it hard for me to speak. "Don't worry , I picked it up you know , debating if I should give it back to you , or use it against you so I can use it to get you to go on a date with me." He said and I know I should be careful because Kelly Severide is known for two things In the C.F.D
1. Being one of the best squad Lieutenants in the city of Chicago.
2. Being one of the biggest ladies man in the city of Chicago.
And before my head can process what I've just heard I answer "oh baby , you don't need a little medal to get me to go on an date with you, you already have me." I whisper in his ear.

Kelly's P.O.V
As soon as she says those words , I feel an entire shock ring throughout my entire body. I look at her face and immediately start kissing her. She's kissing me back and our tongues collide , and I'm once again kissing her like if my life depends on it. We're making out in the locker room , and it feels like it's just the two of us here. No one else with us. Just the both of us. As much as I want to continue kissing her , I know we have to stop because someone else might catch us. We hear someone familiar clear there throat and we both turn around at the same time to see Matt standing there whistling and pretending like nothing happened , it kinda looked like he was smiling too. He grabs all his stuff and closes the locker and turns to us and says "have fun kids , don't have too much fun in these hallways , the principal is gonna give ya guys detention" he says with a chuckle and walks away. I turn to see Stella looks so embarrassed . I grab her hand and tell her "don't worry, I'm pretty sure he knows everything already" I said. "Stella Kidd , would you like to go on a date with me tonight? I say like a child asking for a Christmas toy. "I would love to" she replies with a smile. I'm falling for her , and I'm falling hard for her. "Be ready by 7:30 I'll be there to pick you up, I said and gave her a deep passionate kiss before leaving. I'm grabbing my things from my locker when and I'm heading out when I see Matt standing by my car "so what's the deal with you and Kidd huh?" He said sounding pretty serious "I think she's an amazing firefighter and I want her permanently on truck 81. The thing is I don't know if she will be if you end up breaking her heart , and she's gonna wanna leave 51" he said with a serious tone. "Casey I've known her for over a year now, how about you mind your own business, and leave me alone yeah?" I say to him and get inside my car. And drive away.