Joe's 25th Birthday (Sequel to Joe's 20th Birthday) PART 2

Joe's POV

"Well... you just... it's like you're embarrassed for people to know that we're together" I said sadly.

I looked up at Nick. He looks heartbroken.

"I'm sorry Joey...."

I smiled reassuringly, "it's okay." I smiled.

Narrator's POV

Nick nodded unsurely but paid the bill.

Just as it was getting dark, Nick and Joe took a stroll down the beach. Luckily for them, it was just them on the beach so they were able to hold hands.

Nick smiled at his boyfriend, wondering how lucky he is to have a gorgeous boyfriend like Joe.

Nick stopped, causing Joe to stop.

"Baby? Are you okay?" Joe asked worriedly

Nick took Joe's left hand and got down on one knee.

Joe gasped as Nick pulled out a little box.

"I love you so much Joe, even when we were growing up, I loved you, I may have known what love was back then but those feelings were always there. As I got older, those feelings developed more but when I realized what they were, what they meant, I was scared to tell you about them, scared that you wouldn't want to see me again. Now, here I am, on one knee, asking the question. Joseph Adam Jonas, will you marry me?"

Nick looked up to his boyfriend of 5 years and noticed that he had tears streaming down his face.

"Yes! Yes! In every language! Oui! Sí! Etaim! 1000 times yes!" Joe said in tears.

Nick smiled so big that he thought it would crack his face. He slid the ring onto Joe's finger and kissed him deeply.

Joe kissed back, wrapping his arms around Nick's neck but then he pulled away. Nick looked at him puzzled.

"What about what the world will say about this?" Joe asked in worry.

"Fuck the world" Nick said, wrapping an arm around Joe's waist "I have you" Nick kissed Joe deeply, not caring who sees.