Chapter - 1

*You face plant into a small patch of golden flowers.

"Well I ate shit on that landing..." I muttered, spitting some dirt from my mouth. "I'm amazed I survived that fall."

*You look up the large crevasse you have fallen into.

"Voices in my head is a new one..." I picked my phone up from the ground, inspecting it. Surprisingly, it was intact so I attempted to call for help.

*What are you doing?

"What do you think? I'm trying to get out of here." I tsked when I couldn't get a signal and stuffed the phone in my pocket. "Guess I'm climbing out..."

*Climbing?

*Are you fucking nuts?

"Probably. I wouldn't be hearing you otherwise." I went to a cave wall and clung to any fingerholds I could get my grasp on. About ten feet up there was a ledge wide enough to stand on. I felt around for the next spot to climb, but the stone was perfectly smooth. Just out of my reach, I saw some old tree roots growing out of the walls and a metal baseball bat caught among them. "There's where my lucky bat went..."

*I forgot to mention, but even if you somehow could climb all the way up, there's a magical barrier that keeps anything from leaving.

"Now you tell me," I said, kicking the wall and dodging as the bat came free and dropped down. Turning around, I sat on the ledge and looked over the cave I was in. Just what was this place? "Hey, voice in my head, if you know so much, do you know a way I can get out of here?"

*You have to go down that path and travel to the far end of the cavern.

*But I bet you won't survive long enough to get there.

"I just survived a deadly fall. I think I can handle it." I hopped off the ledge and stuck the landing. Picking up the bat, I began the walk down a hallway. This place seemed less like a cave and more like something that had be carved out and constructed. An eerie feeling seemed to resonate off the reddish stone. Only some glowing red crystals on the ceiling served as my light. As I passed through a doorway, I found myself in a dark room with only a stray beam of light from the surface shining down on a wilted flower.

"Please don't kill me!" shrieked a voice from the plant.

*Ew.

*Kill it.

A sharp pain throbbed in my right eye. I grasped at my face as red shatters clouded my vision. I could just make out the flower.

"W-what did I do to deserve this? Please... It's me, your friend..." With one slash of a branch, the plant destroyed.

This couldn't be real... I blinked rapidly and the shatters faded away, leaving a numb sensation on my cheek. The flower was still there, looking rather terrified. I squatted down beside it and said, "I'm not going to kill you little guy..."

"Did you just... spare me?" the plant asked, sounding surprised yet relieved. "I've never seen anyone spare anything before. Thank you. You're new down here, aren't you? You must be so confused."

"A little," I confessed, sitting down on the floor. "Last I checked, flowers normally don't talk and I'm not crazy."

"I'm a special case... But don't worry. I can help you through the ruins. They're very dangerous. You have to be careful! If a monster sees you, you will die!"

*That's exactly why I told you that you wouldn't survive long.

"I appreciate your help... er... what should I call you?"

"Flowey. Flowey the flower."

"Flowey huh? I probably could have guessed that." I got back to my feet. "I'm Frisk."

Flowey made an unusual expression when I said my name, then smiled like it never happened. "Nice to meet you Frisk. Continue ahead through that doorway. I'll guide you from there."

"Okay..." I started walking onward. I wondered why Flowey made such a face, but maybe I reminded him of someone he once knew.